Summary of Role:
Lead the planning, execution, and go-to-market strategy for third-party vehicle selection and vehicle design across all Airware solutions for vertical markets, such as Utilities, Oil/Gas, Insurance, and Telecommunication. Work with several engineering teams and third party manufacturers as the product owner to define vehicle requirements, prioritize development activities, and manage cross-functional dependencies. Gather customer and market requirements by working with multiples teams that include sales, professional services, customer success, marketing, and product management.
- Lead: Lead the definition of requirements, go-to-market strategy, and vision for all Airware commercial drone vehicles
Research: Develop a deep understanding of market problems and drivers for commercial drones by performing market research, establishing productive relationships with customers, and by leveraging internal sources of market knowledge and expertise
Prioritize: Prioritize vehicle goals and requirements by gathering input from cross-functional teams, market demands, and strategic direction; work closely with Airware's industry managers and other product managers to identify key product or solution gaps within Airware platform components (such as the Airware Flight Core, App Core, or Airware Cloud) and solutions.
Product Owner Role: Work closely with several engineering teams as the agile product owner by conveying vision, scoping work, prioritizing issues, and speaking on behalf of customers. Manage both waterfall and agile activities in a single project.
Cross-functional: Work with sales, professional services, customer success, and marketing teams to develop successful go-to-market programs that enable Airware to effectively position our products and solutions.
Communicate: Regularly communicate and inspire internal teams with a concise vision and roadmap for vehicle products and features.
Represent: Represent Airware in key industry events and initiatives.
- Perform trade studies on available vehicle manufactures to meet the requirements of a new product; re-prioritize based on numerous business demands; define the cost structure, delivery timeline, scale, etc.
- Work with engineering and testing teams to define product requirements for a given solution (i.e. flight time requirements for collecting data of a rooftop)
- Working with existing manufactures on the requirements for vehicle performance to meet a product need
- Education: Bachelors degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or similar field
- A minimum of 3 years in a product management role on a drone, robotics, or aerospace product
- Experience as a scrum product owner with Certified Scrum Product Owner (SCPO) a plus
- Experience with waterfall project management
- Strong competency in product development tools, such as JIRA, Aha!, LiquidPlanner, and/or Microsoft Project
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Education: MS in engineering and/or MBA
- Experience with a product that requires field testing (beta programs, flight testing, etc) prior to entry into the market
- Comfortable with launching products that include both hardware and software components
- Direct experience bringing a drone to market
Airware offers complete enterprise drone solutions that are built on the Aerial Information Platform, so that aerial data becomes an extension of a company’s existing data management systems. Airware’s comprehensive set of technology enables enterprises to plan, capture, and analyze aerial data, all within an enterprise workflow. Based in San Francisco, Airware has built a cross-disciplinary team of experts in aerospace, robotics, geospatial, hardware, software, and cloud. Founded in 2011, Airware has raised more than $70 million to date from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Next World Capital, First Round Capital, Google Ventures, GE Ventures, and Intel Capital.
Check out our opportunities at Airware.com/careers or @Airware on Twitter.
Airware does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.