We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
Calm is excited to be expanding our Product team and adding additional Product Managers to the team. Product managers at Calm ensure we provide an exceptional product to our mobile and web users. Product managers also work to identify, prioritize, and define features that will grow the number of Calm subscribers and increase the engagement of existing Calm users. Lastly we ensure the engineering, QA, design, data, marketing, support teams have everything they need to be successful.
What you will be responsible for
- Define and manage the Calm product roadmap.
- Set Calm mobile and web product goals and track deliverables.
- Grow Calm mobile and web subscribers.
- Drive product strategy forward, prioritize major initiatives to increase conversions and engagement across the Calm subscriber base.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify and propose high-impact testing opportunities.
- Define and oversee product roll-out strategy.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and business leads on product flows and aesthetics
- Ensure seamless project execution and document learnings for continued growth.
- Write specifications defining why and how features should work.
- Define AB tests. Wireframe user flows.
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams
Competencies we love to see in our Product Managers
- Strong experience with increasing subscription conversion and retention.
- History of running large scale A/B tests
- Technically conversant and able to collaborate easily with engineers.
- A passion for innovation and building great products.
- Ability to analyze user data and extract business requirements from multiple stakeholders and transform them into usable and elegant product specifications.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be where you excel.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- Extremely strong attention to detail.
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved.
- Believer that team work makes the dream work.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Fun, energetic work environment, and daily perks - snacks, drinks, catered lunch twice a week
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
And much more!