Forward Networks is revolutionizing the way large networks are managed. Forward's advanced software delivers a "digital twin" of the network, enabling network operators to verify intent, predict network behavior, avoid outages, and simplify network management. Our platform can be implemented on premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments.
Results? More reliable networks, reduced outages, and reduced business risk.
Forward Networks is currently seeking a Director, Product Management – Cloud to drive the full product lifecycle for our software. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Management. Initially, it will be an individual contributor role but in the future the Director will lead a PM team as we grow.
- Define the software strategy, roadmap and positioning for the Forward platform
- Drive software lifecycle including market research, competitive analysis, product requirements definition, and customer adoption
- Work with the engineering team to implement feature prioritization, determine release schedule, and ensure product releases implemented as per the specifications and on time
- Work closely with stakeholders from sales and marketing to deliver an enterprise-class product
- Work closely with sales and customer success teams to drive adoption.
- 7-10+ total years of product management experience in networking, with at least 3 years in cloud
- Excellent understanding of networking technologies, including cloud
- Intellectually rigorous and creative problem-solving ability
- Great written and verbal communications skills (industry presentations and/or presentations to senior executives)
- Ability to communicate vision effectively with the team, partners and customers
- Strongly self-motivated and able of adapting to a fast pace and demanding environments
- Computer Science, EE, or similar engineering degree
- Knowledge of the agile development software process and intimacy with tools like Jira are a plus
- Startup experience is highly desirable
- Experience leading/managing a team is a plus
This role is a regular, full-time opportunity with Forward Networks in Palo Alto, CA.