We are Forward Partners, and we are way more than a VC. We are an £81 million pound fund that combines investment with product and growth support from our venture development studio team comprising of strategy, product management, technology, design, branding, UX, growth, storytelling and talent. This is where you would sit.
We work with founders that have a great idea but want our support to build a great product and grow fast. We have been doing this for over 5 years and we have backed over 50 companies.
We have a great track record and we are doubling down on the help we are giving and expanding the size of the team.
We are looking for a high potential product manager to support our pre-seed companies build great products. This is an entrepreneurial role, requiring someone who loves all aspects of product development, being involved in the early stages and getting into the detail to ship great products. The role will be supported by the Product Partner who will be increasingly focussed on working with the later stage companies in the portfolio.
There are not many roles where you get the pleasure of working in a startup environment but have the variety of working on 4 companies a year all requiring different products from web to mobile to applied AI and from consumer to enterprise solutions.
What you’ll do at Forward Partners:
- Work closely with an amazing multidisciplinary team
- Be involved in all aspects of product from branding to development and iteration
- Contribute to the planning and scheduling of work across the studio
- Support a range of founders from a variety of different backgrounds
- Run customer interviews (with the lead UX designer) and gain a deep understanding of the problem to be solved
- Facilitate design sprints to rapidly move from research to testable prototypes
- Create deeper prototypes, feature specs and user stories with the team
- Work with a development team to plan and deliver product releases
- Launch and iterate on multiple varied startup products
- Constantly be seeking ways to deliver an effective product quickly and then gathering feedback to improve it
- Always be -learning and adapting to new product problems and domains
As Product Manager, you will...
- Work with an amazing multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, UX, growth, talent, pr and investors.
- Launch and iterate on multiple startups from day one across very different types of businesses and product solutions.
- You will constantly be learning and adapting to new product problems and domains.
- Work closely with Lead UX to run customer interviews to get a deep understanding of the problem to be solved.
- Run and participate in Design Sprints to rapidly move from research to testable prototypes.
- Work with the team to create deeper prototypes, feature specs and user stories to aid product development.
- Be involved involved in all aspects of product from branding to development.
- Work daily with the team to ensure that the products are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Live a high-quality and Lean philosophy.
- You will constantly be seeking ways to deliver effective product quickly and then gathering feedback to improve it.
- Have the communication versatility to work with different founder personalities.
- Have multiple strings to your bow. We are a small team working on lots of varied projects and it’s important you are able to pitch in to get things over the line. This might be that you are also strong in UX, Customer Research, Growth, Branding or Tech.
- Be experienced in gathering both qualitative and quantitative data to help decide how to improve the product.
- You know when to A/B test and when to use rapid user research
As Product Manager you will need...
- A degree in a technical subject or demonstrable experience of working with strong technical developers
- Demonstrable experience of working with UX, Design and Technology to build great products
- Ideally have founded or worked in an early stage startup, or worked in a product role at an agency
- Have working knowledge of agile methodologies, prototyping, creating concise specs and user stories.
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Have seen at least one product through to product/market fit.
- Experience launching multiple digital products
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- You will be able to show examples of your work to date
- Be self-motivated, independent and creative
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving