If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
We see our bespoke experiences as a beacon for the Carvana brand, and we err on the side of big bets. We’re intensely analytical and data-driven but our biggest decisions come from the heart. We use intuition and product sense to pick the next mountain and lean, data-driven iteration to scale it to points others can’t reach. We believe that we can change not only the way customers buy auto insurance but also the experience of using insurance in the same way we’ve done for car buying.
About you and what you’ll be doing
We are seeking a passionate and outcome-oriented Sr. Product Manager with hands-on experience to join our team to build out our world-class insurance offering. Do you have a passion for creating unique experiences and products for customers? Do you want to help build an insurance product that ignores the industry norms and provides tremendous, differentiated value to the customer? Are you wanting to join a team to share your thoughtful perspective of how Carvana can stand out in the world of auto insurance? At Carvana, you will apply that excitement and intuition to craft delightful and impactful experiences for our customers.
- Drive the roadmap for our insurance product line, participating end to end in the product life cycle, from market research, strategy including working with vendors to prioritization to delivery of differentiated insurance products.
- Write requirements and acceptance criteria, partnering with design, engineering, data science, and QA, focusing the team on solving the most important problems with solutions that put our customers first.
- Become an expert in how our customers purchase used cars and auto insurance, leveraging direct user research, industry best practices, quantitative testing, and insights from our customer advocate and operations teams.
- Run and analyze product experiments, determining our next move if we get unexpected results.
What you should know
- 5+ years of experience in product management.
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to work cross-functional on complex product areas, managing competing priorities effectively.
- Experience shipping core software functionality in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical team members.
- Openness to feedback from all people and parts of the company.
- A positive outlook, humility, and a healthy sense of humor.
- Follow, study, and appreciate well-crafted mobile & consumer apps.
- Self-learning individual who loves to pass on their knowledge to others.
- Bias for action on building products, leaning heavily on rapid iteration over large MVP releases
It would be great if you also had
- Experience in B2C SaaS subscription products
- Good design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry).
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar data visualization software for crafting reports and other items as needed.
- Experience working within a hypergrowth company and the pace that comes with it
- Experience with SQL and knowledge of data science best practices or a willingness to learn these skills
- Prior experience or exposure to consumer insurance products
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.