Hey there! We’re Morning Brew - a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we’re nice and have great swag. We are looking for a Product manager, B2B to join our team.
While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
It's our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we're building something special. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew is looking for a product manager of our B2B/vertical franchises (currently Emerging Tech Brew, Marketing Brew, and Retail Brew). These brands help business leaders achieve business success in their industries and roles. The products we will build will leave them better informed and open up new opportunities for growth. The product manager will be a key member of the team that shapes the future of existing verticals and launches new ones. This role sits within Product and reports to the VP, Product.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
◼ Own product strategy for the B2B/vertical franchises, including managing product development and testing roadmap with engineering and design to build, iterate, and ship new products
• Create and manage feature backlog and year-long roadmap, and lead the launch of new vertical/B2B products
◼ Work in partnership with GM, content, sales/revenue, events, and product to deliver engaging content, innovative user experiences, and advertising to our audiences.
• Develop and roll out new content formats that support our B2B storytelling, including adding support for new data tools and data visualizations
• Introducing lead gen tools to deliver materials necessary for our audience’s success in each industry
◼ Strategize and own user data projects specifically associated with our B2B audiences in order to deliver personalized content and experiences
• Work to tighten and improve the capturing and utilization of our user data, and collaborate with our outside data analytics firm to improve our visualization and accessibility of key audience and behavioral data.
◼ Ensure the smooth rollout of monetized content experiences and the development of new, sellable products.
◼ Partner closely with growth and audience development to strengthen and expand our relationship with our B2B communities
◼ Deliver strategic updates to senior leadership on B2B verticals’ strategy and performance, and communicate product prioritization and roadmaps to stakeholders across the organization.
What makes you qualified?
• 2+ years product management, project management, business development experience
Strong problem-solving abilities, with an eye towards critical thinking
• Experience managing technical and non-technical stakeholders across an organization
• Passionate about creating approachable, innovative, user-first experiences
• Deeply collaborative, with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Insanely organized, with a keen attention to detail
• Excited to join a fast growing company
Please be prepared to submit:
• Your resume
• A short introduction/cover letter
• Why you are interested in this position
• A recent example of a project or feature you lead the initiative on
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we'd sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.