Introduction to the Cars Vertical Product Team
In Barcelona we have recently established a Cars Vertical Product Team. The mission of this team is to make global car-related solutions for the millions of private and professional customers buying and selling cars on our 30+ marketplaces every day (these include Vibbo, Milanuncios, Coches and many more). This is an extremely exciting challenge as the automotive industry is at the start of a revolution; one driven by convergence in connectivity, electrification and changing customer needs. At Schibsted, we believe the way people buy, sell and utilize cars is about to change dramatically, and it is this team who will lead the transformation of Schibsted’s products into this next generation.
The team in Barcelona consists of Product Managers, UX experts, data scientists and analysts and engineers who will have the opportunity to work directly with our marketplaces across the globe. They will lead the creation of a compelling roadmap, collaborate with the local marketplaces to build the common components, get them live to our customers and contribute to building a great and fun team to work in.
The Product Manager
The Product Manager will be responsible for leading the definition and creation of new common products and services which will greatly improve the experience of private and professional customers buying and selling cars on our global marketplaces.
The successful Product Manager will build strong collaborative relationships with other Schibsted teams (local marketplaces, marketplace components (payments, messaging), Schibsted’s advertising teams) and achieve an in-depth understanding of customer needs, local car product offerings and key success metrics. They will internalise and deeply understand the cars product strategy and combine this knowledge with their marketplace insights to produce an ambitiously-feasible, measurable and fully resourced product roadmap.
The Product Manager will be responsible for driving lean execution of the roadmap and providing crystal clear, unambiguous requirements to the local and remote delivery teams. They will ensure stakeholders are always fully up to date with regards to plans and progress and that key learnings and insights are shared across teams.
The Product Manager needs to possess entrepreneurial tenacity and thrive in a fast-moving, highly ambiguous environment. They must possess great judgment together with first class analytical, leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Conduct market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers as well as analysis of product data.
- Craft product strategy that executes on Schibsted vision and harmonizes with other product strategies in the group.
- Contribute to go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging and all elements related to the business case.
- Communicate internally and externally to evangelize vision and inspire all stakeholders to get them on the same page.
- Working with UX translating research into deep understanding of the target users, their needs and how to deliver product value and delight.
- Work with Engineering lead to initiate and prioritize projects, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods including what parts to build vs. buy.
- Work with design and UX creating preliminary design concepts and work closely with engineering to implement and iterate them.
- Contribute to product launch plans together with engineering, marketing and sales and finally launch product.
- Measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, users understand it and, if applicable, that they are willing to pay.
Product Manager’s personal profile:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other Science field or equivalent practical experience
- An excellent understanding of how technical teams work and an ability to provide leadership to technical teams so the products can be launched with maximum effectiveness
- An analytical mindset and the capability to think creatively about how data can be transformed into valuable (monetizable) insights and presented to car customers in a simple, intuitive way
- Strategic vision to ensure the products are well positioned within the market (amongst their competitors) and that their proposition is clear and unique
- Highly collaborative way of working with experience working with multiple remote sites and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Outstanding product instincts and creativity combined with a passion for cars and advertising products
- An ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide hands-on leadership
- A proven track record to take full ownership of products from conceptual ideas to actual launch
This job has been filled or removed by Schibsted.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Product Manager: Cars (Barcelona) job post.✕