KAYAK is looking for a Product Manager with experience in e-commerce to join and own our checkout experiences (aka ‘Whisky’)! An outstanding booking experience drives repeat engagement, so the right person will be excited to build simple, memorable experiences that can surface the right offers and details at the right time. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will elevate and optimize
the checkout and payments flow across all platforms, driving higher value bookings to partners and better outcomes for travelers. You understand consumer behavior, can get nerdy about the technical details, and enjoy working with people across the organization to prioritize opportunities and projects.
- Be responsible for the checkout experience and roadmap for all platforms, including web, mweb and mobile apps
- Define and prioritize user problems and needs, accounting for multiple verticals, brands, locales and languages
- Craft feature requirements, weighing impact against business goals and technical feasibility
- Become a booking funnel maven, encouraging knowledge of our partner inventory, data and accuracy complexities, payment options, add-ons, drop-off points, until you’re recognized as the chief advocate for how booking on KAYAK offers the most value to travelers and partners
- Build and cultivate positive relationships with both internal and external partners, working closely with them to understand their needs and motivations
- Align team members across the organization around common goals, considering Product, Design, Engineering, Commercial, Marketing, Communications, Customer Support, and the Executive/Leadership team, most of whom are located in different offices and time zones
- Measure and analyze insights from product changes, chasing agreed upon metricsand the opportunities our data, user research and A/B experiment results might reveal
- Work with customer support and UX to collect feedback from and respond to users
- Supervise competitive landscape and stay informed about both travel and e-commerce spaces, especially within Flights, and the latest capabilities across multiple platforms
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have a consumer mentality and an e-commerce or B2C background
- You have specific experience supporting product strategy and working with engineering teams to advocate for users' needs and work towards solutions
- You are familiar with how use cases and constraints may vary across web and mobile platforms and can optimally effectively tailor how we build with that context in mindthe way we build to that
- You're proficient in numbers, adept at running SQL queries and savvy at using data to tell a story about focus and team alignment
- You collaborate well with team members from all levels of the business, across time zones
- You understand how to align product opportunities with business goals and support that with thoughtful decisions and clear communication
- You are a regular traveler, so you know first-hand the challenges our users encounter when planning trips and booking online
- BS/BA required, technical background strongly preferred, MBA or similar experience a plus
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also redefining the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, HotelsCombined, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
What KAYAK can offer you:
- Have a major impact on the future strategic direction of our products
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home 1 or 2 days per week
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- No stupid meetings, and no meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal paid parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.