Summary of Role:
Lead the planning, execution, and go-to-market strategy for the Airware Cloud platform and product feature workflows. Fill the role of product owner with several engineering teams, including market research, prioritization of work, publication of product roadmaps, and communication of strategy. Work closely with colleagues in sales, professional services, customer success, marketing, and product management to gather requirements and prioritize product features.
Lead: Lead the definition of requirements, go-to-market strategy, and vision for the Airware Cloud platform workflow, including integration with enterprise systems, workforce management, dispatch, and compliance.
Research: Develop a deep understanding of market problems and drivers for cloud products and services through market research, productive relationships with customers, and internal sources of market knowledge and expertise.
Prioritize: Own the prioritization of product features by gathering requirements from cross-functional teams, market demands, and strategic direction; work closely with Airware's industry managers and other product managers to identify key product and solution gaps within the Airware Cloud platforms and solutions.
Product Owner Role: Work closely with several engineering teams as the agile product owner to convey vision, scope work, prioritize issues, and speak on behalf of customers.
Cross-functional: Work with Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to develop successful go-to-market programs that enable sales to effectively position our products and solutions.
Communicate: Regularly communicate and inspire internal teams with a concise vision and roadmap for Airware Cloud product features and services.
Represent: Represent Airware at key industry events and initiatives.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years in a product management role on a commercial, cloud-based, and SaaS product.
- Experience as a scrum product owner with certified scrum product owner (SCPO) a plus
- Strong competency in product development tools like JIRA and Aha!
- Knowledge of modern cloud platform technologies, RESTful API standards, and distributed processing techniques
- Experience building web applications
- A strong eye for UX design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Education: MS in computer science or engineering or MBA
- Experience integrating with enterprise systems such as: identity management, SSO/SAML, group management, auditing, and adherence to enterprise compliance policies.
- Experience with job dispatching and workforce management (availability, scheduling)
How to Apply and What to Expect:
In addition to a resume, please include a short explanation of your background, accomplishments (links to past projects are always helpful), and what excites you about Airware. This will help us to get a multi-dimensional view of who you are and connect you with the right person at Airware.
Be prepared to have a detailed technical discussion with a member of our team over the phone or via video chat. Be prepared to spend a half-day at our office with the Airware team.
Airware offers complete enterprise drone solutions that are built on the Aerial Information Platform, so that aerial data becomes an extension of a company’s existing data management systems. Airware’s comprehensive set of technology enables enterprises to plan, capture, and analyze aerial data, all within an enterprise workflow. Based in San Francisco, Airware has built a cross-disciplinary team of experts in aerospace, robotics, geospatial, hardware, software, and cloud. Founded in 2011, Airware has raised more than $70 million to date from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Next World Capital, First Round Capital, Google Ventures, GE Ventures, and Intel Capital.
Check out our opportunities at Airware.com/careers or @Airware on Twitter.