San Francisco, CA | Technology Team | Reports to Group Product Manager, Back Office Technology
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Allbirds is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing Technology team. We’re looking for a quantitative, collaborative, and creative problem-solver to lead our data product team to deliver technology products that improve and automate the data-informed decisions at Allbirds. This person will collaborate cross-functionally with internal business partners to execute on roadmap initiatives. They’ll manage all aspects of product development from concept and discovery to launch and will be comfortable taking on many different tasks to deliver their product.
What does the job entail?
- Driving the data technology effort that supports and enables:
- Efficient and timely management of our supply chain
- A seamless, cross-channel shopping experience for our customers
- Delivery of great products faster and at a lower cost
- Leading an engineering team to develop and maintain the data platform while meeting immediate and longer-term operational needs
- Working closely with cross-functional business teams to deeply understand their problems and goals, and then partner with internal team and subject-matter experts to design and develop solutions
- Thinking critically and creatively about the best way to solve problems, leveraging all potential tools and teams available
- Collaborating with the data product team to define design principles and values that inspire and empower non-technical users to inform decisions with data. Challenge team and provide pointed direction throughout the iterative design process.
- Working with technology and product leadership to define a clear roadmap for data product, aligning with key stakeholders
- Ensuring successful product adoption by documenting, training and evangelizing use with internal customers on our Supply Chain, ERP, Technology, Product Development, Retail, and other operational teams
- Making contributions to Allbirds digital product beyond the scope of immediate responsibilities, credited for enhancing product culture
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience in product management or minimum of 5 years related experience (data, analytics), with proven delivery of applications and platform products that support a retail business
- Track record of execution on multiple projects with high complexity and ambiguity
- Razor-sharp attention to detail and ability to consider end-to-end implications
- Direct communication style, with the ability to inspire and motivate others across the company. Collaborative, energetic and hands-on team player
- Ability to break-down large initiatives into iterative steps in a way that optimizes for learnings and delivers incremental business value along the way
- Demonstrated success in working with technology product teams – working in collaboration between engineering, analysts, project management and product
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision-making in product development
- A pulse on advancements in both data-driven technologies which lead to the identification of opportunities for our brand to grow
More practical skills needed:
- 3+ years experience in a product management role
- 2+ years of experience in designing, building, launching and maintaining data-driven technology products
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, planning or retail is a plus
- BS/MS in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Mathematics or similar quantitative fields
- Self-sufficient SQL skills
- Working knowledge of Looker, planning platforms, and customer data technologies is a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information.
Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.