The Product Manager – Digital Media is responsible for defining and managing one of AccuWeather’s flagship applications for domestic and international markets. The Product Manager is responsible for defining and managing all products based on consumer and business needs. The ideal candidate possesses an innovative approach to product management, an entrepreneurial mind, and a deep understanding of the digital media ecosystem. They should be able to influence the activities of a diverse group of professionals, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget product management.
- Define product requirements for AccuWeather flagship application for domestic and international markets.
- Manage product development process from conceptualization to launch.
- Coordinate efforts with business development team for various partners.
- Work with Content Team to identify and launch new content sections.
- Conduct competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling products and refine product road map.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Actively participate in the design of budgets, establishment of priorities, and allocation of departmental resources.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Three years successful business experience in the conceptualization and management of web/mobile products is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of digital media ecosystem.
- Experience writing detailed requirements for interactive/web/mobile products (wire frames, business rules, etc.).
- Strong research, analysis, strategy, and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of advertisers, users, and alliance partners, and develop processes to maximize success.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Business planning, forecasting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all product ramifications.
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.