Spotify’s Financial Engineering mission is looking for a Product Manager who will play a key role in building a financial data strategy to transform the way the Finance organization derives value from data products, analysis and automation. You will be joining an Engineering and Product team responsible for defining and building the financial platforms and applications that will help accelerate the growth of the Spotify platform.
The role is based in New York but collaborates with teams in both NYC and Stockholm, and will report to the Product Director in the Data & Metrics Product Area.
What you'll do
- As a Product Manager working within the Financial data landscape, you will contribute to the development and design of our data lake roadmap and strategy, which will enable Spotify’s Financial applications to scale and support the company and its decision making needs.
- You will help shape and execute on a multi-year transformation project that will have a high impact on the business, and establish a relationship with Spotify Finance leaders to transform their processes. You understand how data quality, accuracy and scale are requirements for a functional Finance product ecosystem. You are a highly analytical, motivated, and creative individual who has a passion for utilizing operational excellence and cutting-edge technology. You continuously identify opportunities to enhance performance, mitigate risks, and lead large-scale initiatives to ensure a highly-controlled financial data landscape is feasible.
- You will analyze interoperability of finance data throughout our financial systems, Google Cloud data platform and other applications or endpoints. You have working knowledge and experience with Financial data and processes as it relates to Accounting, Tax, Treasury, FP&A and elements related to the P&L.
- You are a multi-tasker, and when working on concurrent multiple projects, you intuitively know which issues to highlight and can bring key decision makers together to come up with effective solutions. You are efficient and organized, making the most of your partner’s abilities and holding the overall team to a high standard.
- Spotify is a data-driven company that loves to place information and knowledge at the fingertips of the Finance team for making strategic decisions that impact cross functional business units. From developing forward-thinking proposals to understanding how data can impact the scale of systematic financial processes, your role in the Financial Engineering organization is a critical partner and advisor to the business.
Who you are
- Facilitate a collaborative effort to define the financial data ecosystem throughout several financial systems and applications architecture, while understanding and documenting interoperability across data products.
- Work with product managers, application specialists and engineers across Financial Engineering to ensure the data lake roadmap adds up to an aligned strategy that addresses the forthcoming priorities of the business.
- Drive data quality analyses, reporting, and monitoring across Finance’s core processes and data assets.
- Partner with internal functional teams across financial systems, engineering and product to drive long-term development of Spotify’s financial data infrastructure, including data warehousing and data lakes, reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Work with partner teams across technology and business to establish a data dictionary and authoritative sources for the core datasets required to drive Finance processes.
- Identify and evidence the need for self-serve data tools, ETLs, visualization products and other infrastructure enhancements to offer high-quality solutions to satisfy critical financial data needs
- Preferred qualifications
- At least 5 years of professional experience, and 2 years of high-impact experience as a data Product Manager or Data Architect responsible for Financial data architecture, design, landscape or systems.
- Working knowledge of data governance and value of core company financial datasets and single sources of truth
- Familiar with the concept of Financial Performance Management (managing and monitoring financial performance across the organization), and value the organization can achieve with it.
- Experience with SQL, Financial Data modeling, data management, data lake, data warehousing and ERP technologies is a plus, e.g. BigQuery, Postgres, Netsuite, Coupa, Salesforce, Looker, Tableau
- Familiar with designing and implementing ETL, Data Modeling, BI; all with quality on top of mind.
- Working knowledge and experience with Financial data and processes as it relates to Accounting, Tax, Treasury, FP&A and elements related to the P&L.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and align data initiatives with the overall Finance strategy.
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organization and to partner effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses and collaborate within a team with excellent technical skills.
- Understanding of financial processes and terminology and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.