At Joist, we’re on a mission to make contractors heroes. Joist is already the #1 mobile platform for home improvement contractors worldwide, but there’s still work to be done. We have incredible adoption from contractors who LOVE us (check out the thousands of 5 star reviews we’ve received in Google Play and the App Store), billions of dollars transacted on the platform and a gritty team that cares deeply about what they're working on.
Our team is looking for a Product Manager to guide a team in building the best financial technology products for contractors and their customers. You will be given full ownership over our payments and consumer lending products. You will also be responsible for identifying and delivering on growth opportunities while looking for the next big innovative leaps forward. You will report to our Head of Product and work cross-functionally with engineering, design, growth and our loyal customers. This is an opportunity to join an aggressive team, take ownership, impact a sizable user base in a massive industry.
- Ownership of Joist’s payments and consumer lending product. Develop and execute a roadmap, and deliver and lead the optimal SDLC for your team.
- Rally your cross-functional engineering team around your team’s infinite mission.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Joist customer and product offering to ensure we uphold our belief in always providing extraordinary value to our customers.
- Work with functional leads (e.g. Growth, Marketing, Customer Success) to continuously identify product opportunities outside your immediate discipline as well as disruptions to our business and your team that will help us leapfrog forward.
- Rapidly identify and deploy bold yet targeted experiments that drive adoption and engagement with the core interactions within your portion of the platform.
- Have shipped product to end-users.
- 2-3 years of Product Management experience; mobile experience a plus, or relevant experience in product marketing or consulting
- Ability to derive and succinctly communicate the essence of complex challenges and systems.
- Keen sense for always finding the simplest yet most powerful path forward.
- Demonstrated ability to empower others to drive autonomously towards a greater goal.
- Bias for action and a strong test & iterate approach focused on driving growth.
- Technical background and/or strong familiarity with software engineering.
- Experience managing software engineers.
- Experience with mobile analytics and user experience/research.
- Highly analytical with experience leveraging data to drive improvement.
- You are customer obsessed and passionate about discovering and understanding customer insights.
- Bonus: Deep understanding of financial products, specifically payments and consumer lending products.
- Bonus: Familiar with SCRUM methodology.
- Bonus: Experience in the home improvement / contracting industry.
- Healthcare & Dental Benefits
- Monthly Team Events
- Pet Friendly Office
- Lunch and Learns
- Joist swag to make you feel right at home
- Free Healthy Snacks & Free Coffee
- Prime Downtown Toronto Location