Thank you for your interest in this position with Fireside, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fiscalnote. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
The Product Manager is at the helm of innovation, working cross-functionally to build products from conception to delivery. Collaborating with both technical and customer-facing teams, the Product Manager anticipates the needs of Fireside customers and drives game-changing technical solutions.
About the Fireside Team
Fireside provides software-based communications solutions to Members of Congress that allow their teams to work smarter, reach further, and discover more. Every day, we help our clients foster stronger connections. www.fireside21.com
You are thoughtful, inquisitive, and seek to understand. As an effective communicator, you are able to smoothly navigate complex technical details and relate the tangible business impact to both internal and external audiences. You understand the bigger picture, and have a keen eye for detail.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Show a demonstrated understanding how Fireside products deliver value to our customers and our company while identifying ways our products could be improved to add further value
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders on product initiatives to gather inputs for successful delivery
- Be able to articulate and shape product strategy through keen understanding of customer needs and business strategy
- Work closely with our user experience team to write detailed and actionable product requirements and user stories
- Partner with Engineering to manage feature releases and backlog through planning, backlog grooming, and review
- See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, usage analysis, and iteration
- Conduct and participate in user research, tests, and interviews and assess existing data sets, identify future ones and validate hypotheses
What Sets You Apart:
- 3+ years of end-to-end product management experience with a SaaS product
- A passion for the user centered design and development
- The ability to integrate as a team player and work cross-functionally; manage conflicting priorities and drive results with creative solutions
- Demonstrated & clear communication skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate product direction and value proposition to a spectrum of internal and external audiences
- A sharp eye for detail
- A track record of establishing KPIs and measuring performance of releases against them
- The ability to clearly articulate strategic product decisions and tie them to tactical tasks
- Experience utilizing Jira, Asana or similar team-based project management software and Agile methodologies
- Experience working on Capitol Hill (preferred)
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com
and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
Fireside offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
Fireside values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Fireside is an EEOC employer.
Fireside uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.