Kevala is looking for a self-motivated Product Manager with experience managing the product roadmap in an early stage software start-up environment. The successful candidate will work directly with internal leadership plus the sales and engineering teams to ensure products are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our clients. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in accelerating a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible, we encourage you to apply.
The Product Manager, Forecasting is responsible for Load and DER Forecasting product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, and operations to ensure product releases align with the strategic roadmap and customer satisfaction goals are met.
What you will be doing
- Define the product goals and product strategy, and update the quarterly roadmap.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and user stories based on methodology requirements, commercial impact, complexity and duration.
- Perform the role of Product Owner in the agile scrum process.
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure prioritization and coordination across the entire product portfolio.
- Log product enhancements, feature requests, and product related customer service issues and translate into near-term quarterly roadmap priorities.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Provide input on product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Support business development activities including proposals, meetings and demonstrations.
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager successfully delivering software solutions and working cross-functionally.
- Subject matter expertise in utility planning and distributed energy resources, including technology, regulation, and grid integration.
- An understanding of distribution utility business models and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of forecasting techniques to meet planning use cases.
- Effective writing, analysis, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, but we embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$110,000-$150,000 (depending on location and experience)
As a Kevalier, you will have access to offer a wide range of benefits including equity, affordable health coverage (medical, dental, vision), unlimited time off, physical wellness allowance, and professional development.
Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to [email protected]