Product Manager – Health and Wellness Initiatives
AccuWeather has ambitious plans to launch a series of health products that serve our global audience. Weather and wellbeing go hand-in-hand and we’re seeking a Product Manager with experience researching, concepting, launching and monetizing digital products that are focused on health and wellness.
The successful candidate will be joining at a time of enormous potential to quickly execute on a series of ideas, as well as make a mark by using their experience to drive a full product roadmap across AccuWeather’s flagship website and app portfolio; considering both free and subscription offerings.
This is a leadership position that will have influence across the entire organization, therefore it’s essential to have executive presence and strong business acumen. Given AccuWeather’s enormous audience reach of over 350M monthly actives and a 24/7 editorial operation including cable television network; the Product Manager will take a 360-view of their portfolio to ensure health products are launched, adopted, monetized and integrated within editorial franchises.
If you’re a driven Product Manager with a passion for the sciences and seeking a global canvass to ship utility products that improve people’s lives, this role is perfectly suited for you. This position reports into the Director of Product within a team comprising of product management, visual design, front-end development and data & analytics; the full product family.
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the health and wellness portfolio
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to refine health opportunities and publish product launch cadence
- Lead collaboration across the product organization to ensure products and features are prioritized within web and app roadmaps
- Develop product requirement documents, collaborate with engineering to define requirements
- Collaborate with editorial on health and wellness content that support the product roadmap
- Approach product discovery with empathetic mindset, applying a toolkit of data-driven & research methodologies
- Collaborate with revenue team, including ad sales, to ensure roadmap is monetized and demonstrates ROI; work with business development on new opportunities
- Perform market and competitive research within category
- Interrogate performance data for insights and leverage appropriately
- Crush bugs and rigorously prioritize work
- Be the evangelist, and expert, for health and wellness products at AccuWeather
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Health related
- 3-5 years of experience in product management with health and wellness expertise
- Share tangible examples of previous product launches within health category
- Proven track record managing product roadmaps in a fast-driven environment
- Deep understanding of health and wellness product ecosystems including ads
- Proven ability to effectively communicate to key stakeholders; be collaborative by nature
- Comfortable collaborating and leading agile teams including engineers
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong presentation skill capabilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.