Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a Senior Product Manager for new product development!
Booking.com is the world’s leading accommodation site, but boasts a small, start-up feel. Whatever you want to do, whenever you want to go, you can book it with us, that’s our vision. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5+ million accommodations worldwide, our mission is to empower people to experience the world. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis and take our product to the next level.
As a Senior Product Manager for Marketplace, you will be working on the new platform that brings together all the new verticals for booking together in a seamless manner. Building the foundations for the future, this role requires strategic vision and deep technical skills in building out services that will be used by businesses to fast track their growth. Requiring a deep understanding of product, business , technology and data science this role will challenge you to think big and execute flawlessly in one the strategic bets for the company.
- Take full ownership defining the roadmap and building out the set of services & features for the platform.
- Collaborate with other PMs to understand their product needs and build future proof solutions for Booking.com.
- Explore new technology areas or collaborations that can act as growth multipliers for businesses
Who you are:
- A big thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity and is able to look beyond “today” to build for “tomorrow”
- Deep understanding of technology , business and product so that you can act as a consultant on the best way to solve problems
- Problem solver who is not afraid of taking on the biggest challenges in the travel industry and break them into products that bring value to customers and Booking.com.
- A great communicator who is able to engage across all levels and functions - from working with senior leaders on strategy to discussing the API functions to developers
- Understand that new product development can be an emotional roller coaster and delayed gratification only comes with great perseverance.
- On top of new technologies like machine learning and other tools that can unlock some of the bigger opportunities for technology companies.
- Data-driven; base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others.
- Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
- 5+ years of experience working with web-based companies.
- Experience with B2B marketplace products.
- Technical background with experience building API-based products.
- Autonomous on data querying and analysis.
- Previous involvement in new product development or a startup environment.
- Knowledge and experience in UX design is a plus.
- Computer Science background or experience building technical products is a plus.