About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 85,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments organisation has 2 product domains:
● Payments and Commerce platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value
while fuelling growth for our business,
● Payments Risk and Compliance - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
This role is in the Risk and Compliance domain. The Compliance Products PM role will help us build our compliance products from the ground up. As Airbnb expands globally and into new business verticals, our compliance products need to scale up as platform capabilities. In collaboration with Compliance leadership, you will define the strategy for Compliance products, ensuring we’re able to protect and grow our community with best in class payments products.
You’ll work with a cross functional team of engineers, data scientists, compliance operations, design and legal to develop the core of our compliance products, and then scale globally. You’ll also partner with the Compliance team to ensure the safety of the payments that flow through Airbnb. If this sounds like an interesting challenge to you, we’d love to meet!
What you need to succeed
● Seven + years building payments, Compliance or risk related products in a product management role
● Platform product management experience, building products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers
● Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
● Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going
after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
● Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
● Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across
● Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and
● Compliance: prior global experience working with compliance including AML, KYC, BSA, MTL, Sanctions. Fintech experience strongly preferred
● Technical chops: experience as an engineer, data scientist, analyst
● Growth mindset: effectively balances the need to protect the community with the need to
grow the community
● Global perspective: experience with global payment programs and global teams
● Operations: experience working with operations teams, making smart investments in tools
and workflow processes to scale up the team
● Scale: knows how to start small but build big