Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
How will I spend my days
As a Product Manager you will join the newly established and evolving Product Operations function to drive the ongoing improvement of the Ocado Technology Product Management function. You will work with the Product Leadership team to step-change our development operating model to empower our teams to improve and deliver a fantastic and world leading product to our clients and their customers. The role will span all aspects of the product life cycle across all five of our Ocado Smart Platform development streams (eCommerce, Logistics and Supply Chain, Fulfilment, Retrieval Robotics, Handling Robotics).
Your responsibilities will include;
- Transforming our approach to product development, enabling our product managers to make insight-led decisions, focus on building awesome products and deliver value for our clients.
- Evolving the role of Product Management, clarifying role boundaries and interactions with other development disciplines to ensure our engagement and ways of working are effective and solving real problems.
- Becoming a trusted partner for our product and engineering teams understanding how your team can help contribute to driving our overall mission.
- Taking a leading role in sharing best product craft practice and shaping the Ocado Technology product function to ensure it is fit for the challenges ahead.
- Ability to land change effectively through effective communication and storytelling, clearly explaining the rationale for any changes and sharing examples of colleagues doing great things.
- Ability to proactively manage ‘campaigns’ to land change across various channels.
- Coach others to grow and expand their skills, creating opportunities to stretch and develop.
- Building awareness of key objectives and collaborating widely to achieve them.
- Creating forums for feedback, building an environment of trust and collaboration.
- Regularly stepping back from day-to-day priorities to consider opportunities for strategic / systemic improvement. Not only in the product development operating model, but also in terms of how we land change across the business.
- Agreeing boundaries and constraints between teams - making them explicit.
- Inspiring continuous improvement and creating an environment which allows people and teams to celebrate success, and safely learn from failure.
- Creating forums to encourage the cross-pollination of ideas, and set out best practice guidelines where appropriate.
- Being a data-led ambassador, validating & sharing how our work is having the right impact for our product teams.
- Delivering significant products or services, working cross-functionally with engineering, UX and other development areas.
- Understanding the challenges of scaling the product function within a company.
- Product development pain-points and are passionate about working alongside product leadership and teams to resolve them.
- Practical application of key product methodologies used to deliver at scale.
We’d like to hear from you is you are;
- Assertive but diplomatic with a bias for action, collaboration and optimism.
- Comfortable sorting out ambiguity and can bring clarity of purpose to a conversation.
A storyteller, with a strong emphasis on careful listening.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organisation, acute flexibility in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- A proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- A Collaborative team player, able to bring different skills and personalities together to meet key deliverables.
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.