At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by Daimler and some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £75m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge. We're not petrolheads, we're just relentlessly driven and passionate about creating the best car buying experience for consumers.
carwow are hiring a Product Manager to join our Product team focused on the commercial side of the business. This is the perfect role for someone with previous experience as a Product Manager working in B2B businesses or the supply side of a marketplace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading our Commercial Product team focused on creating value for our partners
- Working with a cross-functional team including a designer, multiple engineers and data support
- Working closely with a former BCG project leader, senior PMs with previous consulting experience and the senior leadership of our commercial team
- Helping define and build the product roadmap by collecting and analysing data from multiple stakeholders, including commercial senior managers, partners, manufacturers and consumers
- Taking ownership of key areas of the product, monitoring their usage and defining the metrics that will measure success
- Gathering feedback from account managers, senior commercial leadership and partners about how to improve our partner’s engagement and efficiency, whilst prioritising a backlog under a commercial mindset
- Keeping track of industry trends
- Following project progress and addressing production issues during sprints
- Have an excellent academic background
- You’ve had some great experience working in a commercial or consulting role for at least 2-3 years (i.e investment banking / M&A, new products assessment, market entry strategy, general manager role in a high growth start-up, business development)
- Have had experience working in a product management-focused role (1-3 years) with at least 1 year on SaaS, B2B business or the supply side of marketplaces
- Have an outstanding ability to think on your feet and tackle intellectually challenging problems.
- Be highly analytical and accustomed to using complex data to make decisions - when you’re presented with data, analysis should be a reflex.
- Be forward-thinking, ambitious and a great communicator
- Be a great prioritiser, not afraid to say no
- Love working autonomously, but you’re able to earn the trust of others with a collaborative style
- Excel at managing stakeholders, whilst also be confident in voicing your own opinions and challenging others
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- Private medical health insurance and subsidised gym membership
- Competitive maternity/ paternity leave and return to work policy
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas eve off
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness & well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)