Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1M+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for a Product Manager to work with and guide the team building out the transportation capabilities for Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platforms. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Every day, we’re making it easier for merchants to offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, while also helping our merchants sell more, and save time and money in the process.
You will own and grow the engine that connects our Shopify Shipping and Shopify Fulfillment Network merchants with a growing set of transportation options, and you will join a team that is working hard to make sure our merchants have the best options in the world to get their orders to their customers quickly, reliably and cost effectively.
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. Product Managers here work with merchants and their customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are a passionate and entrepreneurial group. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market and established track records of getting shit done at scale. Come join us to do your life's best work!
For this role you'll need:
- A few years of experience managing products.
- Experience with ecommerce fulfillment, transportation, and how this space is changing.
- Demonstrated experience recognizing market opportunities and customer needs – and turning them into products that have delighted real users.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. Rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting shit done.
- Great customer empathy, combined with experience using data to inform product decisions.
- To be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one. You default to action and help your team do the same.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables.
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, data scientists, marketers, and customers.
It would also be nice if you had:
- Experience in building, operating or maintaining transportation management systems
- Experience in logistics and/or supply chain management
- Experience with global carriers, and multi-modal transportation
If you are excited to help our merchants deliver their best, send us your profile by clicking "Apply Now". We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that this posting will close on September 25, 2020 at noon (EST).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.