PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Manager (US Marketing)
San Mateo, CA
The Product Manager, US Marketing will be part of the wider Global Marketing - Exclusive Games team. This role is responsible for the management and execution of US marketing campaigns for the highly successful MLB The Show franchise and assorted PlayStation exclusive games. This key role will be reporting to the Manager, US Marketing.
If you are highly organized, analytical and a driven marketing professional who has proven expertise in the execution and planning of product marketing campaigns. We'd love to hear from you! The position will require high levels of collaboration and communication.
Campaign Management: Build and manage the US go-to-market plans ensuring global marketing strategy is followed, with local nuance, and clearly communicated across all channels including owned, paid media and retail.
- Brief Media Agency and Retail Marketing partners and develop best-in-class paid media and retail marketing campaigns.
- Drive internal processes including but not limited to, briefing partners, evaluating media and channel marketing plans, regional asset development and management, and coordinating internal reviews and approvals with brand and legal teams.
- Ideate with internal and external partners to produce compelling marketing initiatives.
Collaboration with Global Brand Team: Work closely with Marketing leads and Global liaisons to implement global brand strategies to create and implement the integrated marketing plans in the US territory.
Post Launch Campaign Strategy and Tactical Development: Design and execute organic and paid post-launch initiatives for MLB The Show in partnership with studio and brand leads.
Brand Extensions: Work with brand team, partners and licensors to extend MLB The Show brands to new touchpoints within the baseball and sports landscape
Reporting: Set US market critical metrics and track/report out weekly campaign performance, using results to optimize ongoing marketing activations
Project Management: Manage daily progress on channel activations and content plans to ensure campaign projects stay on budget and on time
Sales Support: Responsible for presenting US plans at local sales and retailer meetings
Budget Management: Track and report on the US campaign/media budget ensuring efficiencies in campaign spend. Generate necessary PO’s and contracts based on campaign needs.
- Experience working with creative and media agencies to develop and implement marketing campaigns
- Shown expertise in planning, execution and leadership of campaign plans with persistent attention to detail
- Significant experience and understanding of business operations with critical thinking and prioritization skills.
- Lead reporting projects in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Maintain confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and balance a high-pressure environment.
- Extraordinarily strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are passionate about gaming and video game culture.
- Goal-oriented and with dedication to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks
- You are a big collaborator. Works efficiently & co-operatively with peers and internal/external partners.
- 5+ years of brand and product marketing.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve goals
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to partners at multiple levels
- An energetic, ambitious, enthusiastic, focused, and hard-working teammate!
- Skilled multi-tasker able to understand how to distill information into clear plans.
- A self-starter who loves to take initiative and move things forward.
- Has an appreciation for US Sports, specifically for baseball.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.