What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The Product Management team's success is measured by how much our customers love our product and how well we empower internal users. Our job is to identify the opportunities for product innovation and improvement and play a leading role representing the stakeholder needs in defining the right product at the right time.
OnDeck is looking for Product Manager to own our online experience.
Behind the scenes, OnDeck is marrying cutting edge technology and data analysis with a deep understanding of how small businesses operate to deliver better, faster lending decisions. Your job is to get insight directly from small business owners, understand what they need, and translate those needs into an online product strategy and experience.
We care a lot about the small businesses we work with, and we want to deliver a simple borrowing experience that keeps them connected to their money wherever they go, with the level of trust, transparency, and friendliness they expect.
As the Web Product Manager, you will:
- Become an expert on small businesses and how they use financing
- Own the strategy and vision for our web experience, drawing on your knowledge of our customers, business strategy, and tech capabilities.
- Work with a collaborative team of amazing developers, designers, and marketing colleagues to bring that vision to life.
- Manage collaboration and communication across stakeholders in finance, legal, marketing, and sales.
- Own the performance of an online acquisition funnel, testing and iterating rapidly with your colleagues in digital marketing, design, and development to get results.
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with passionate, brilliant people.
- Be part of a motivated team that works together to get a lot done.
Qualifications for success:
- Know product management process. You know how web products are built, because you’ve been part of a team delivering them - interviewing customers, writing user stories, managing an agile development process, testing and iterating. You have a track record of smooth product delivery.
- You know how to bring people together into a team. You might or might not have been a manager before, but you know how to motivate people and build strong relationships. You can tell us about a time you rallied an unlikely gang of talented people into a cohesive team.
- You really care about user experience. Your first instinct when faced with a product question is always to talk to a customer; you read UX blogs and are best friends with your colleagues in design and user research.
- As much as you love positive customer feedback, you also know how to define and analyze the data that describe a product’s successes and failures. You know the value of well-defined metrics, clearly communicated and shared.
- You've optimized an online funnel, developing a/b testing strategies and improving performance iteratively.
- You have an understanding of brand and digital acquisition strategy.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**