OakNorth is the next-generation credit and monitoring platform that provides banks and lending institutions with the insight and foresight needed to create a better borrowing experience for the Missing Middle – the growth business who are the backbones of communities and economies globally but who have been in banking’s blind spot for decades.
The business was founded in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
The Platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia, and in the UK where OakNorth lends off of its own balance sheet via OakNorth Bank. The platform has helped OakNorth Bank become the fastest-growing business in Europe according to the Financial Times FT 1000 (2020), profitably lending over £4bn to date. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 13,000 new homes and 17,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy.
With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Istanbul, Gurgaon and Bangalore, the global team across the OakNorth Holdings group is over 800 people.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to think BIG. It requires that you are not only comfortable with ambiguity, but you relish in it. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnership across Brand/Events/Regional Marketing, PR, Product Management, Sales, Research, Credit teams, and requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align advertising offerings to advertiser objectives, which constantly adjust based on market conditions and feedback from customers. As an owner, you will not only define the product marketing message for the platform, you will also need to be strong in the execution of the development of marketing materials, including development of sales collateral for sales enablement and key marketing tactics, case studies, blog posts, product videos, web page content, demos, event content, and commission first and third-party research to support your key messages.
- Develop short- and long-term marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption of the ON platform, including defining the product positioning, value proposition, and key benefits to educate and excite our customers, sales, and service teams
- Create compelling sales and marketing collateral to drive adoption and understanding of new measurement products
- Drive measurement product adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new growth initiatives
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers, sales, and competitive offerings
- Build and continually assess competitive offerings to ensure product differentiation and competitiveness
- Identify and initiate marketing campaign needs, demand generation strategies and customer communications through collaboration with product management, sales, and corporate marketing
- Provide training resources for sales and customer success teams
- Experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a platform
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing road-map strategy, sales consumable battlecards, and definition
- Subject matter expertise of advertising measurement and analytics solutions
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning and messaging
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials
- Comfort with diving deep with highly technical products to understand value drivers for customers
- Demonstrated track record creating compelling messaging, positioning, and product launch plans
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.