BuzzFeed is looking for a mid-level super star designer with a sharp eye to help create memorable visual elements for our marketing team, someone with a great sensibility and who can turn around work on a tight schedule.
This position is based at our NYC headquarters and will include a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks!
- Brainstorm and strategize with team on new and disruptive formats for all sales & marketing materials.
- Collaborate with Research, Sales, Dev, and Ops to create interactive case studies, program recaps, research pieces, and more (usually housed within buzzfeed.com/advertise)
- Collaborate with the events team to concept and art direct all collateral for BuzzFeed sponsored events. This includes email invites, landing pages, event signage and swag, and more.
- Concept and develop a consistent brand identity for other departments within the company like BuzzFeed University, BuzzFeed recruiting, and BuzzFeed talent.
- Work with sales, sales planning, and account management to improve upon deck (Keynote) templates and provide support for slide designs or overall presentation consistency.
- Act as a design consultant for the business team at large.
- Team player who is comfortable collaborating with other designers and many different teams at once
- Conceptual and strategic approach to design (ability to act as a consultant rather than simply executing a project exactly as it’s outlined)
- Extreme attention to detail with an eye for spacing, alignment, consistency, and cohesion
- Adaptability to feedback, different design directions, and working within client guidelines
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Passion for design, desire to learn new programs and grow as a designer
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for BuzzFeed
- Experience in front-end design for mobile and the web (coding experience preferred, but not required)
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (experience with After Effects preferred, but not required)
- Experience with branding and logo design preferred
- 2-4 years professional design experience
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.