Product Marketing Manager at Spare 👊
This is an opportunity for a creative individual. If you are a design nerd and a communicator by nature, looking for a cross-functional role working with every department, this position is for you.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Spare, you will touch all aspects of written communication with our customers. You will learn about our products back-to-front and be the go-to person for communication on new feature launches, training, and other material.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing mobility and bringing new mobility services to every community. This is an opportunity for you to bring your communication and design skills together, to create beautiful customer communication and training guides.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Spare, you will have the opportunity to create visually appealing documentation that changes the lives of communities every day.
What you'll do
Product Marketing at Spare is the story behind what we do and why. Your thing is understanding complexities in our product and explaining it in a simple, creative way.
- Research everything transportation and mobility related to become an expert in our customers, their challenges, their goals and their language
- Develop everything that can help support our buyer and current customers’ journeys. This includes unique value propositions, videos, 1-pagers, sales decks, customer use cases, and comprehensive product training guides
- Write technical guides on using our tools with step-by-step instructions
- Learn everything about our products, to be able to create eloquent proposal responses, ensuring we stand out as a top respondent
- Write and edit proposals for readability, consistency, and appropriate tone in addition to describing company value proposition, industry knowledge, approach, and past performance
- Develop, maintain, and update content in our proposal library as we develop new functionalities and use cases
- Partner with sales, product management, customer success, and marketing teams to refine and evolve our content as we grow
- Visualize, plan and create beautiful collateral for the Sales and Operations team
- Research and track patterns and trends to ensure we are providing the most relevant, required content
- Create campaign messaging and content as required to support our Marketing team!
Who you are
- You are a natural communicator and storyteller
- You have a solid portfolio of written content and beautiful graphics
- You have experience using multiple mediums, including writing, graphics, and video to create compelling experiences for your target audience
- You have outstanding English communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technical concepts into simple, easy-to-read communications
- You have experience conceptualizing new designs from simple conversations
- You have a passion for small startups and rapid growth
- You are interested in sustainability and/or mobility solutions.
What we're doing @ Spare
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand microtransit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We're still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare's direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit.
Let's change it together!
About Our Team
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
What we offer
🏠 Work from anywhere - anytime!
🏔 Downtown Vancouver Offices/Subsidized co-working spaces available
⚕️ Health Benefits Plan
💻 Brand new Macbook
🏋️♀️ Gym Access for Vancouver-based employees
🎉 Monthly socials and other organized events
🥪 Employee-lead Lunch & learns
🍇 Lifestyle spending account for fun activities
👥 Monthly 1:1s and Performance Reviews to keep you on track
🌎 A team that's changing the world!