Pivotal is seeking an energetic, self-driven product and marketing professional with exceptional communication and content creation skills, and deep customer-facing experience in the database and Hadoop market.
As Product Marketing Manager for Pivotal Hadoop native SQL technologies, you develop marketing, positioning & messaging, and go-to-market initiatives in support of the Hadoop database components of Pivotal Big Data Suite product portfolio. This includes product launch planning and execution, and developing content and programs that drive field success, market awareness, and channel enablement. As a member of the Pivotal Big Data Product Marketing team you coordinate with corporate marketing, global field operations, and product management to help achieve business objectives in terms of sales revenue and market leadership.
You are a gifted communicator with a curiosity about technology and a sense for what drives software buying behavior. You have a successful track record in developing enterprise software messaging, content, and tools that communicate differentiating value of a technical platform, increase market penetration, drive larger deals, and accelerate sales motions.
- Raise community awareness of Apache HAWQ in the Hadoop community
- Deepen existing customer engagement with Apache HAWQ and Pivotal HDB, supporting expanded product usage and customer roadmaps
- Develop messaging and content deliverables that articulate Hadoop native SQL product offerings, differentiating value, and key benefits.
- Organize and execute cross-functional product launch activities to drive awareness for small and large product releases.
- Understand the market trends and competitive landscape in the Hadoop SQL market and develop appropriate sales enablement materials.
- Participate in analyst, press, and blogger updates to influence coverage and improve awareness
- Support sales in customer briefings on product capabilities, benefits, and direction
- Create and deliver content strategy and execution for conferences and other key events
- Create content deliverables for market success including: infographics, white papers, articles, blogs, podcasts, sales presentations, ROI tools and other customer-facing materials to build awareness, drive demand generation and arm sales
- Understand field requirements and deliver high-impact sales tools, enablement and training
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience, with at least 3 years in enterprise software product marketing, solution marketing, corporate marketing, and/or sales experience.
- Technical, sales, or product marketing experience with databases, Hadoop, data integration, advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Customer facing experience with business technology leaders, data architects, CTO’s, CIOs, data scientists, and business analysts.
- Demonstrated portfolio of impactful content and customer and sales facing deliverables.
- Dual capability to author and produce own content, and project manage marketing services resources to design creative and unique deliverables.
- Superior writing and analytical skills including the ability to discern and articulate differentiating value propositions, and explain complex technical topics in relevant business terms.
- Able to analyze customer and market requirements and trends
- Self-motivated, results driven individual requiring minimal oversight that can work to accomplish large complex goals in a collaborative environment.
- Displays intellectual curiosity, innovation, creativity, persistence, commitment, passion and optimism.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline, or relevant professional experience; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.