Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Product Marketing is a global team of capable, friendly, user-oriented marketers, partnering closely with Stripe’s world-class product and engineering teams.
- Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform Stripe’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth
- Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Stripe, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few
- Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch
What you’ll do
- We’re looking for a customer-obsessed product marketer to help craft our platform-level messaging and narrative, bringing together elements of product marketing, portfolio marketing, and corporate marketing
- In this role, you’ll partner closely with cross-functional teams to define and communicate the Stripe story.
- You’ll bring that story to users through events like Stripe Sessions, our annual user conference; and by partnering with Brand, PMM, Sales, Comms, and other teams that tell our story to our users.
- The right candidate will bring creative thinking and deep customer empathy to develop messages, narratives, and content that drive business outcomes
- If this sounds like a challenge you’re excited about, we’d love to hear from you
- Understand our customers within our target segments (including by talking regularly with current and prospective customers), and ensure our top-level messages and narratives are organized around their concerns, use cases, and priorities
- Understand our competitive landscape and become the go-to expert on why users do and don’t embrace the full Stripe portfolio, in order to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop messaging, positioning, and marketing assets targeted to different customer types
- Develop and execute on content strategy for Sessions, our annual user conference, as well as other key events, channels, marketing moments, and campaigns through which it’s important to land our corporate and portfolio narratives
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product, sales, design, UX research, other marketers—to develop compelling narratives and content that best represent Stripe’s value to our users
- Write compellingly, across everything from internal docs to customer-facing copy. This is a writing-intensive role, and the bar for your writing is high: you’ll write crisp, vivid prose, with confident control over voice and tone
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting the messaging and content you create to market-specific considerations
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the messaging and content you develop, and provide insights and recommendations for improving them over time
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Customer oriented. You ground what you do in first-hand customer understanding. You do research, talk to users, and use these insights to inform both your own work and that of cross-functional partners
- A team player. This role will partner with stakeholders across the Marketing team, and with nearly every team at Stripe. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work, and synthesize across diverse perspectives and inputs
- Strategic. You combine empirical analysis with creativity and can navigate through ambiguity, aligning other stakeholders to a common vision and course of action
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep multiple parallel workstreams on track. You can be trusted to get things done, move fast, and optimize for iterating based on lessons learned at every step
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Stripe. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- Intellectually curious. You are keen to learn about how things work, and can explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Tasteful, with an ear for voice and tone. You have deep empathy for our users, from busy CEOs to discerning developers, and can fine-tune messaging and content to resonate with a given audience
- Well-rounded. This role will require strong writing chops, weedsy technical product knowledge, and empirical decision-making. You’ll need fluency in both the art and science of marketing
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, content marketing, or strategy consulting
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams
- Experience creating content for corporate events
- Experience in fintech or payments