Medium’s mission is to deepen understanding of the world and spread ideas that matter. Medium is building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. This role will both help shape the product we build and the stories we tell to drive awareness and adoption. You will be responsible for translating quantitative and qualitative Creator or Reader insights into great product solutions. The ideal candidate will have around 7 years of product marketing experience, will excel at advocating for the end consumer, and cares deeply about the Medium mission.
What you'll do:
- Develop go-to-market (GTM) strategies for new product and feature launches, translating product offering into features, benefits, and value propositions for users. Responsible for driving awareness, affinity, and adoption among key audience segments
- Expertly communicate and manage day-to-day execution of GTM plans up and across the organization, including processes, timelines, messaging, metrics, and updates.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across brand, content, product, and design to ensure consistency in positioning and messaging across platforms
- Evaluate and synthesize product/campaign performance and recommend optimizations.
- Regularly evaluate market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape to help drive product and marketing strategy.
Who you are:
- You love to seek a deeper understanding by asking how and why protectively
- You enjoy and excel at cross-functional collaboration across teams
- Excellent ability to define and articulate product positioning
- Proven ability to craft written and verbal external messaging and narratives
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to pull out and distill insights into actionable recommendations
- Hands on experience working on a technical product or platform
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Product Marketing Manager, or in a similar role
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.