Help define and amplify the Stripe story and connect our products with users.
Stripe's infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe's products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
With creative and thoughtful marketing, we aim to help existing and prospective users alike understand our products and choose Stripe for their business. We're a highly cross-functional and transparent company and our team prides itself on collaborating and working closely with almost every team at Stripe.
Product Marketing at Stripe helps to define naming, pricing, and positioning for our products, identifies new audiences and market segments we should target, and champions our users' needs to help inform what we build and how we launch it. We also like to experiment with new channels and creative ways to reach our users.
You'll join a small (but mighty!) team and work to deeply understand our myriad users, become an expert about our stack, and connect the two in meaningful ways. If you're excited about a hands-on role that spans the gamut of product marketing work, we'd love to hear from you!
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy, execute launches, and build websites and marketing materials.
- Craft positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insight, and product understanding.
- Articulate the value proposition for Stripe's products and identify use cases that resonate with a variety of businesses to create compelling customer-facing messaging.
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area.
- Deeply understand our different segments: talk regularly to users, sit in on Sales calls, and partner with the Analytics team for a quantitative view.
- Whether it's writing blog posts or drafting user emails, enjoy hands-on work as much as driving the high-level strategy for your product areas.
- Help enable every user-facing team at Stripe—from Sales and Support to local teams in other countries.
- Work with finance and product teams to set pricing that's understandable and aligned with our users' success.
- Care about the impact of your work: partner with product teams and Growth Marketing to track the right metrics and execute campaigns and content that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting.
- 4 years of product marketing work experience, specifically in a technology company.
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product's lifecycle.
- Great project management skills and the ability to prioritize and keep ambiguous projects on track with cross-functional teams.
- An orientation towards results. They can analyze user data, like tracking their work’s impact, and will influence how we measure success.
- Passion for creating messaging and positioning that's creative, differentiated, and helpful.