Rovio’s Puzzle Studio has their sights set on becoming the most successful casual puzzle game studio in the world. Exploring new and emerging trends in puzzle games, the studio has built a deep understanding of the puzzle genre and its players since its founding in 2014. The studio has introduced innovations in puzzle game core with the free-flowing Angry Birds Dream Blast, and the narrative-driven Small Town Murders, as well as providing players with exciting new content and events in fan-favorite games such as Angry Birds Friends. With their games, Puzzle Studio aims to create a true emotional connection that stays with players even when they’re not playing.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Trainee to join the Product Marketing team in our Puzzle Studio for summer 2021, based in Espoo, Finland.
The Product Marketing team is the ultimate representative of the players. Product Marketing is championing user-centricity in the team, and responsible for the marketing of the game throughout its life-cycle, from initiation to sunset. Product Marketing formulates a marketing strategy for maximizing the game’s reach, conversion, and appeal to players, at each stage of its life-cycle: test launch, soft launch, global launch, live ops, autopilot, and sunset. The team is responsible for selecting the best marketing methods to maximize the game’s potential at each stage and optimize the entire funnel. This involves working closely with all parts of the organization: games management, UA, community, marketing creative, finance, and legal.
- Support the execution of the Go-to-Market plan for new and soft launch games
- Contribute to the Game’s Marketing Strategy
- Plan & run ASO tests
- Help to marketing asset pack delivery and coordination
- Prepare benchmark for competitors marketing activities
- Assist Product Marketing team with various tasks such as gameplay video capture, archive organizing, video shoots, etc.
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- Studies in marketing, communications, sociology, or similar field
- Passion for puzzle games and game-related marketing communications
- Skills for competitor benchmarking and market analysis
- Good knowledge of Office/Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Well-organized working style and ability to quickly learn new things in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Analytical skills
We’d love if you have:
- Strong knowledge of published/unpublished casual, mobile and F2P games
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. Before diving deeper into your skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: You will receive an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet some Product Marketing team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop.
If you’re interested, we look forward to hearing from you soon! Please send us your CV and cover letter by 18 February 2021. We will start interviewing as soon as possible.
Refer to the Trainee FAQ
for any questions you may have. If you have other questions, send us an email to recruitment(at)rovio.com. We don't accept applications sent to this email address.
Note: The duration of this position is from 3 to 5 months usually from May to September, full-time. Depending on the candidate's availability and the team's needs, start date and duration vary. We don’t provide relocation assistance or support in acquiring a work visa if you’re from abroad. You can learn more about the traineeship experience here