The Product Team at Hampton Creek ensures our products are built upon our strengths, align with our mission of making better food accessible, meet an important consumer need in an innovative way, and contribute to sales and profit goals.
Our mission is to create food that is accessible, while being better for our bodies and better for the planet. YOU will be responsible for developing and shaping what health means to Hampton Creek, and how that informs research, product development, and marketing. You will be reporting to the VP of Product.
· Work with company leadership to define how health manifests in Hampton Creek’s products, and set goals for each product line based on nutrition and ingredient attributes.
· Prioritize product health attributes and work with Product Platform business owners and R&D Product Developers to implement these in our formulations across product portfolios.
· Collaborate with Product Platform managers as well as Marketing, Creative, and Communication teams to determine how we communicate our health platform to consumers, influencers, and external partners.
· Partner with R&D to ensure key health initiatives are incorporated into Discovery, Process, and Development functions by guiding choice of ingredients and food processing techniques.
· Stay abreast of scientific literature to keep a comprehensive understanding of specific ingredients, nutrients, metabolic pathways, food processing techniques, etc. as needed.
· Create a robust dialogue with external experts, lead or participate in food and nutrition, scientific and/or authoritative conferences and translate insights into implications for Hampton Creek.
· Subject matter expert. Strong understanding and passion for food, nutrition, and health science.
· Critical thinker. You challenge ingrained food and nutrition biases and dig into the details.
· Strong communicator: Your writing and presentation skills span expert to layman audiences. Ability to synthesize academic topics into relatable, understandable and engaging content for internal and external audiences.
· A team player and strong collaborator.
· 7+ years experience in food and health, in a product development or advisory capacity.
· Registered Dietitian credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and/or advanced degree with a food/nutrition-related focus (e.g., PhD, MS, MPH, MBA).
· Expertise in understanding of the current food and nutrition policy environment, including nutrition labeling and regulation.
· Strong business acumen a plus.
This job has been filled or removed by Hampton Creek.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Product Nutrition and Health Lead job post.