Twilio is seeking a true “operator” to join the team that runs Twilio’s product-related operations. Our primary operations include: managing our worldwide phone number inventory, porting (transferring) phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio's platform, and detecting and preventing fraud. We are looking for a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers. You will be the first team member in Singapore and therefore responsible for starting up our operations in APAC.
About the job:
- You will apply the principles of operational excellence (Lean) to optimize Twilio’s business processes, while improving quality, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- You will serve customers every day to deliver an outstanding experience.
- You will collaborate with software engineers to design the tools necessary to further automate and streamline our processes.
- You will troubleshoot and address technical issues that affect our operations.
- Your will take on process improvement projects to streamline our operations by reducing waste, variability, and inflexibility.
- You will work with the sales team to quickly and accurately answer customer questions.
- You will “roll up your sleeves” to directly meet the needs of Twilio’s customers and understand our operations from the ground up.
- You will contribute to Twilio’s highly collaborative and team-driven culture. You will be a member of a passionate, smart team that works together to ensure customer success and build out efficient processes and systems.
- The specific responsibilities of the role will involve duties across the following areas: inventory, porting, and anti-fraud (each of which is detailed below).
- Ensure that our supply of phone numbers meets demand without incurring undue inventory carrying costs.
- Optimize Twilio’s processes for ordering and taking delivery of new phone numbers.
- Reconcile our inventory records and troubleshoot any discrepancies.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with the configuration of phone numbers.
- Handle complex requests from our customers to port their existing telephone numbers from their current carriers to the Twilio platform.
- Create new processes to port numbers in additional countries around the world as Twilio’s business expands.
- Anti-fraud operations
- Monitor for anomalies and new trends in potential fraudulent activity and violations of Twilio’s acceptable use policy.
- Take necessary actions to prevent fraud and AUP violations.
- You're a process-savvy “people” person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. Your colleagues believe in your commitment to continuous operational improvements.
- You love learning new technology and have experience working with technology, including operating and configuring software tools.
- You love working with customers, listening to them and solving problems.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme. You’re an expert at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated processes.
- Your modus operandi is making metrics-driven decisions and analytical thinking (e.g., leveraging SQL and Excel to analyze operational issues).
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 2-5+ years of experience in operations.
- Fluent in English and one or more Asian languages.
- Strong computer science and/or data management background.
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree.
- Telecom experience.
- Data analytics.
- Basic understanding of and comfort with software development, including programming experience.
- Exposure to SaaS/Cloud offerings.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.