Product Owner's core responsibility is to understand the business context from clients. He/She designs solutions to realise product vision and strategize product delivery as per the go-to market strategy. He/she is responsible for driving the end to end product delivery with high quality. Striving to understand the business, domain, technology and people are primary to this role. You own this product!
The product owner takes the lead in many areas of product development. One day you may need to access your market knowledge to strategize and present your vision to stakeholders. Another day you might need to roll up developer sleeves to help the team meet their goals during a sprint.
- Understand the requirements from the internal/external client and scope them clearly
- Write product specification including business and technical requirements covering multiple aspects like performance, security etc. Ensure product scope is agreed with all stakeholders.
- Create product roadmap, wireframes
- Develop project schedules and work with multidisciplinary teams on timely plan execution.
- Communicate requirements to the development team, clarify doubts in a timely manner during development and resolve dependencies for the team.
- Monitor development progress on a daily basis using and ensure adherence to delivery plan
- Maintain high visibility of project status, risks and dependencies to all stakeholders
- Research market, technologies, trends and grow towards becoming a SME for the product being developed
- Motivate the team towards delivering a high quality, on-time, on-budget product
- 6+ years of overall experience.
- Prior development experience is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must have strong experience in agile project management
- Must have strong experience in leading multiple projects simultane
- Attention to details across various dimensions
- Should be well versed in handling project risks and dependencies
- Ability to manage a team and own people growth and handle people concerns
- Should be a technology enthusiast and client focussed
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral
- Desirable if you are an influencer and can motivate clients and developers alike
- BFSI domain experience is preferable
- Experience working with 3rd party API based integration preferred.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced remote environment.
Apart from all these, we look forward to a high level of ownership, entrepreneurial mindset and high learning quotient. “Getting things done’ is the mantra!
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to build tech products from scratch
- Solve interesting and challenging problems.
- An opportunity to meet and work with the best brains in technology and influencers.
- Increasing your geek quotient, by attending meetups and conferences. Yes we dig that stuff.
- Grow exponentially by working in small and transparent teams.
- Who says you can’t make friends at work, we do!