⭐ WHO WE ARE⭐
quester is building the Google of opinions
We think opinions are deep, broad and meaningful; more than a simple like button can capture
Others think so too, and are creating janky solutions everyday to save their thoughts
This simply isn’t good enough!
We’re building the best place for people to organise, analyse and monetise their opinions
Create databases built for opinions that are beautiful, social and super fun to use
One place to see what people think - about anything & everything!
We’ve seen most success when hiring on mindset
Joining an early stage startup is different to joining a corporate
It’s tougher; but also a lot more rewarding
We look for young & hungry, as well as experienced, applicants
We've just closed £1.3m and are now looking for new team members
If this sounds interesting, please review and follow our application form
⭐ THE ROLE ⭐
We are seeking a Product Owner to join our small and passionate team. As a product owner, you will play a critical role in shaping the future of our company's products. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and lead the development of our social platform quester.io. You will be in charge of setting and prioritising the work for our development team, enabling the continuous delivery of product updates that bring the most value to our users, and in turn the business.
As well as the development team, you'll be working within cross-functional teams including designers, data scientists & engineers, and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of our product roadmap. You'll also be working closely with Shuowang, our CPO, in identifying user needs and defining a clear product strategy and vision.
- 🛣️ Developing and maintaining our product backlog and roadmap
- ✍️ Writing and maintaining feature tickets, including prioritisation and grooming of user stories & epics
- 👂 Gathering and incorporating feature requests into the product roadmap
- 📢 Planning product releases and upgrades, and communicating these updates to our users
- 📲 Working closely with the development & QA teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality product features
- 🏃♀️ Being a Scrum master - you will run regular stand-ups with the development team, and will lead agile ceremonies e.g. sprint retrospectives, backlog grooming
- 📊 Monitoring and evaluating product performance make data-driven product decisions
- 🗣️ Communicating the product vision and strategy to both internal and external stakeholders
Our team is dynamic and collaborative and we value transparency, creativity, and a passion for delivering products that people love. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is looking to build something from the ground up, and make a real impact in the world 🌍.
- 🤝 Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels
- 🔨 Passion for building products that solve real-world problems
- 🏎️ Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment
- 🤩 An understanding and appreciation of good UX
- 🎓 Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field
- 🏆 Proven track record of successfully owning and driving the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for complex software products
- 🛠️ Experience with project management tools, such as Linear, Jira, Asana, etc.
- 🤹♀️ Familiarity with agile methodology
⭐ YOUR REWARD ⭐
Our compensation and benefits structure are founded on the 3 Es: equality, education and entertainment. It is our fundamental duty to value and invest in every member of our team.
- 💰 Salary: the range for this role is £30-60k, dependent on candidate quality
- 💗 Options: we have a 0.02% base rate for all team members that is vested over 4 years
- 💖 Additional Options: reduce your salary by 10% and get double that amount in options
- 📈 Pension: 3% employer contribution, against 5% for employees
- 🚀 Review: yearly salary reviews, with quarterly performance updates
- ⏰ Hours: 40hrs a week expected, with flexible working times; our core working hours are 11-1pm weekdays and our core office hours are (11-1pm Monday, Wednesday & Thursday)
- 🏖️ Holidays: 30 days off (including bank holidays) per year, with 15 days you can carry over per year, with maximum holiday allowance capped at 45 days per year
- ❤️🩹 Health: Standard sick leave. In addition, 3 months full paid maternity leave & 1.5 months full paid paternity leave
- 🚂 Commuting: we partial cover of your travel costs so you can get into the office, even if you live further out of London
- 🚲 Bikes: we cover half your costs of biking (capped at £250) so you can get into the office, if you prefer a healthier alternative to public transport
- 🎯 Overtime: reasonable breakfast & dinner costs paid for if working early or late for a deadline, as well as taxis so you can get in or home easier
- 🎓 Learning: any reasonable learning costs incurred related to your work, we will pay for. We take 2 hours each week to learn something new and debrief as a team
- 💞 Development: every two months you will have time with a team leader to discuss your personal development. Every quarter you will do a performance review with our CEO
- 🔍 Sabbatical: after every year at quester you can take 1 week paid leave in addition to holiday to pursue a passion project we fund (capped at £250 per week)
- 🌞 Remote: one month per year where you can work fully remotely without being present for office hours
- 🏡 Office: lovely work environment, with great equipment (inc comfy chairs, monitors & phones), free games, drinks (inc beer) and food (inc fruit); regular breaks encouraged!
- 🥰 Other: we have other benefits in addition, which we will discuss at interview
This will take you to our About Us page, where you can find out more about what we’re doing and apply for this role
Use the form to send us your CV and answer our questions. If we like your application we’ll arrange a first stage and then second stage interview
Good luck! 😊