About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
The Product Photographer is responsible for all still e-commerce product photography. You should have a strong desire to constantly refine and improve creative output while producing high-end photographic images. These images are at the heart of our offering, driving sales and creating inspiration by directly linking our customer to their food, with accuracy and pleasure. This role is a full-time temporary position with the possibility of converting to regular FT at the end of the year. This role reports to the Lead Photographer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Capture the functionality, features, benefits, and uniqueness of individual products
- Create on-brand product and lifestyle images, with and without the support of a food stylist
- Determine desired images and compositions and choose equipment, props, settings and lighting to achieve desired results
- Maintain and adhere to product photography style guide to ensure a coherent and singular photography voice on the Good Eggs site
- Retouch, resize and enhance images as needed
- Interact easily and confidently with multiple stakeholders (category managers, merchandisers, marketing, creative, stylist) to ensure deadlines are met and results are high-quality
- Safely operate and maintain all equipment and working environment
- Maintain file naming and handling conventions so that files are easily found in our DAM database
- Outstanding product photography skills required
- Plated food and lifestyle photography skills preferred
- 3-5 years experience as a product photographer in a competitive industry
- Detailed knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition
- Awareness of contemporary trends in photography
- Current portfolio mandatory for consideration
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Customer focus with a desire to over deliver on quality
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Busy, fast-paced startup environment
- Available to be onsite at our Oakland office (shooting location flexible but candidate must be local)
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Regular office working environment requirements also apply
Why work for Good Eggs?
• Work for a purpose-driven company
• An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
• Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
• Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
• The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
• Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.