We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers employees to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a # 1 Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and have made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California | Sydney, Australia | Auckland, New Zealand.
As a DroneDeploy Product Support Associate, you’ll become an expert in cutting-edge technology...our drone flight and 3D data platform! We are serious about providing a top-notch customer experience through continuous learning, knowledge-sharing, and deep customer empathy. You’ll report to the Director of Product Support and will collaborate with both your fellow Support folks around the world and cross-functional teams to resolve customer issues and help improve our products! This role is fully remote now and in the future.
You’ll thrive in this role if…
You have a passion for helping people and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment. You enjoy looking for ways to make someone’s day, just because. You’ve got ideas for ways to make your own work and your team’s more effective and efficient. You’re a problem solver who sees the deeper issue below the superficial symptoms. You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates diversity. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Use your troubleshooting skills to help our customers resolve any issues they may have when using our products to fly their drones, capture ground-based imagery with their 360 camera, or process and analyze collected data
- Rapidly and accurately resolve customer tickets via email, chat, and phone-based support in Zendesk
- Look for ways to improve processes and tools to help us scale our global support team
- Continue growing and refining our knowledge base by contributing to both internal and external documentation
- Use your active listening, customer empathy, and de-escalation skills to maintain and grow customer relationships
- Advocate for our customers by collaborating directly with Engineering, Product Management, and our UX team on customer pain points or other product improvements
- At least one year of experience in a software support role OR a degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Deep empathy and desire to help others, even those who are having a bad day
- Strong troubleshooting and logical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- The ability to recognize patterns that could indicate the presence of a deeper technical issue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated things simply
- Curiosity and a thirst for knowledge
- Certification | able to obtain a Part 107 remote pilot license within the first 90 days of employment
- Work Schedule | available to work Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM ET. 7:00AM - 4:00PM is possible if needed
- Work Environment | able to work effectively 100% remotely
Bonus skills, experience, interests
Below are some additional skills, experience, and interests that could help you stand out as a candidate. However, don’t let the below list stop you from applying if you don’t check any or all of the boxes! Our ongoing training will help you learn all the skills you need to progress in your career at DroneDeploy.
- Industry knowledge or experience in construction, agriculture, energy, facilities, or related fields
- Experience flying drones or using 360 cameras
- Experience or training in GIS Production systems, CAD Environments, and photogrammetry or geospatial software
- Experience with APIs, SSO, SQL queries
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk Suite, Google Suite
- Fluency in: Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese
- Interest in photography
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.