At Abacus, we're reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Our customers drive everything we do, and as a Product Support Expert you will be working with customers on the front line via email and chat, and translating their feedback into insights for our Product and Engineering teams.
We love talking to our customers and we are heavily invested in their success. You will be the go-to resource for our customers, making sure that they're getting the most out of Abacus. We're looking for people who are excited about solving complex problems, and synthesizing customer insights into actionable ideas. Not only will you be the voice of Abacus outside the organization, educating current and new customers, but you’ll also be the voice of the customer within the organization, advocating on their behalf, and directly influencing our product roadmap.
This position is a great opportunity to learn the basic building blocks of a startup while helping shape the Customer Success team at Abacus. You will report to the Product Support Team Lead, and can expect room for learning and growth.
What will you be doing here?
- The majority of your day will be spent answering incoming support emails and live chat inquiries dealing with how-to questions and technical issues in a knowledgeable and articulate manner
- Rooting out customer pain-points and influencing processes around reporting so that we can make data driven decisions
- Collaborating with our product and engineering teams, influencing product roadmap and being a knowledgeable resource for your co-workers
- Finding creative ways to reduce friction and make our customer experience seamless
- Leveraging internal tools to best support customers and increase productivity
- Confirming, reproducing, and escalating potential product defects with proper documentation
- Creating and updating support collateral
- Thoroughly learning as many aspects of the Abacus software to become a true product expert by remaining up-to-date with Abacus’ latest product updates and releases
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Product Support Team Lead
What would make you a strong candidate?
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 1-3 years in a customer-facing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Natural problem solver with a genuine desire to help others
- Ability to remain organized while multitasking
- Eager to learn something new every day
- Strong interest in technology
- Interest in building scalable processes
- Ability to empathize with customers
- Keen attention to detail
- Obsessed with inbox zero
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
What would be nice to have?
- Finance or accounting experience
- Strong writing background
- Experience with HelpScout, Zendesk or any other CRM software
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and help us understand why you want to work at Abacus in just a few sentences.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values at Abacus. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Abacus does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters and will not consider payment regarding recruiter fees.