Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We've received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we're just getting started.
We’re looking for an empathetic and considerate leader to help us grow our product support organisation. You’ll be joining Onfido at a key moment in our growth, as we rapidly expand in Europe and the USA, and will lead an excellent, globally-distributed team of support engineers.
You’re someone who is deeply motivated to help customers solve problems, which you’ll achieve by overseeing the support process, coaching and mentoring your team members, and driving continuous improvement in your team’s processes and practices.
You'll achieve this through:
Leadership - Leading by example, with hands-on approach to problem resolution. Sense of urgency when prioritising tasks, negotiating with stakeholders and securing agreement from all parts. Persuasive communication across all levels.
Product understanding - Developing a deep understanding of Onfido’s product suite and how it is used by our customers, collaborating with support engineers, product managers, software engineers, and mentors. Show confidence when demonstrating Onfido's solutions.
Customer Experience mindset - Holistic understanding of customer experience, and what drives and impacts customers at each stage of their onboarding journey. All-encompassing approach to customer support, adapting your language to fit the audience.
Problem solving - Supporting the team as they investigate, debug, reproduce and fix any technical issues customers are facing when using our services.
Product improvement - You know what works well and what needs some tweaking. You will work with Product Managers in defining the product roadmap, by surfacing customer feedback and learnings from past requests. You will help maintain accurate product documentation and will constantly try to improve internal processes.
Tooling - You're constantly looking for opportunities to automate support tasks, by using scripts and by developing custom tools that will make the job easier.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring a team.
- Experience with running a customer support team, its processes and metrics.
- Empathy, and the desire of helping others.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Diligence, patience and friendliness under time pressure.
- Sense of urgency.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with programming languages, APIs, SDKs, web applications and how they work.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or other science subject.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role.
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other.
- Do-at-home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem solving.
- Remote technical and cultural conversations with the team.
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code.
- React and Redux for frontend work.
- TensorFlow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision.
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services.
- AWS for underlying infrastructure.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Share options in Onfido, through our equity schemes. Share options have a one year cliff and start vesting after probation over a four year period*
- 22 days holiday
- Two paid volunteering days per year.*
- Private Medical Insurance through Allianz*
- Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
- Generous paid parental leave
- Free mental health coaching provided online.
- Life enrichment allowance of up to €95 per month for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare and therapy.
- Dedicated learning opportunities, a team training budget for training and conferences
- Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnFriday); holding quarterly team socials; with our annual company launch week where we all gather from across the globe in London to regroup for the year ahead.
Please note: Onfidoers are all working from home for the time being. We also have switched to a virtual recruitment process and all our Newfidos will be onboarding remotely. Stay Safe!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.