Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Product Sustainability Analyst position will play an integral role in executing Brooks’ Corporate Responsibility (CR) Planet strategy. You will focus on executing initiatives and managing and evolving programs that provide the foundation of our efforts to validate, understand, and reduce the environmental impact of our product and manufacturing. Working closely with our product teams, you will bring insights and recommendations to empower them to achieve our CR Planet targets.
- Own the materials traceability and verification program ensuring sustainability claims such as bluesign, recycled, and organic are verified.
- Support data collection initiatives to improve our environmental evaluation of materials and manufacturing processes, collaborating closely with external partners to ensure credible and accurate data.
- Track environmental KPIs related to our materials, analyze performance, generate reports, and present feedback and recommendations product teams.
- Execute Brooks’ adoption of the Higg Product tools becoming Brooks’ “superuser” for the Higg Materials Sustainability Index (Higg MSI) and the Higg Product Module (Higg PM).
- Own the seasonal product sustainability assessments process: incorporate Higg product tools and Brooks’ CR Planet targets, conduct analysis and benchmarking, provide feedback to product teams, and contribute to the overall product scorecard process.
- Lead Brooks’ efforts to eliminate manufacturing material waste including calculating material efficiency and collaborating with internal and external partners to maximize material usage and develop sustainable solutions for unavoidable material waste.
- Provide expertise to marketing on product sustainability and contribute to Brooks’ wider CR communications.
- Monitor emerging trends in product sustainability and develop recommendations to maximize our opportunities to reduce our environmental impact.
- Support the wider Corporate Responsibility team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Energy, Carbon, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in sustainability or relevant work, preferably within the footwear, apparel, or textile industry
- Experience and knowledge in the Higg Index suite of tools preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience in collecting and evaluating complex data with the ability to translate this into meaningful insight that can be clearly articulated to stakeholders
- Ability to create strong and meaningful relationships with stakeholders including internal teams, suppliers, and any other 3rd party organizations in order to drive change
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Have Fun, Be Active!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.