THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout ANZ by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting experiences (3HR delivery, access to over 700 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
- “We Dream Big” – you will have a vision for how we can become a data-driven company to derive competitive advantage
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
- “We Are Stronger Together” – you are an experienced and capable leader. You will galvanise a team and inspire the broader organisation towards your vision.
About the Team
THE ICONIC’s UXD team is made up of four individuals who work closely with their product team and product owner. The UXD supports the product team by acting as the voice of the user and applying lean UX processes. The UXD team is highly collaborative, constantly working together to solve problems and identify any opportunities to enhance the user experience across web and mobile. The team adopts a work hard play hard ethos, constantly challenging and learning from each other.
What will I be doing?
- Be part of a dedicated cross functional team with a specific Product mission where you can design creative solutions, high fidelity designs and prototypes, run user research & validation and drive the overall UX and Design methodologies for the team.
- Create end-to-end customer experiences for our responsive sites, Android and iOS Apps that are desired by our customers, feasible and deliver business value.
- Conduct comprehensive customer research (e.g. user testing, interviews, contextual enquiries, surveys, guerilla testing) and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research
- Ability to use research findings to develop journey maps, process flows, personas and product improvements and recommendations.
- Have advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Zeplin, flinto, marvel and similar prototyping design tools and a willingness to try new tools.
- Create interactive experiences that inspire our customers and deliver business value
- Ensure THE ICONIC’s visual language resonates with our target market by having over-all ownership of the UX and Design function.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Front-End Designers, Engineers/Developers, QAs and other Marketing/Technology specialists
- Be part of a team of four UX and Design specialists and actively contribute to the creative environment by sharing and advancing the team's knowledge and learning and have strong mentoring including career progression, goal setting and one on one meetings
- Report to the UXD Lead at THE ICONIC
Who are we Looking for?
YOU! We are seeking a product designer to own UX, UI across web and mobile for our digital customer-facing experience, from signup to “YEW, I LOVE THOSE SHOES! I CAN’T WAIT TO BUY MORE AT THE ICONIC.”
- 4+ years of professional experience as a Product Designer or equivalent – either agency or client side.
- An indomitable work ethic.
- An eye for creating elegant and thorough UX and UI, yet intuitive and simple solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise designing visual and UX elements for web and apps.
- Ability to generate as well as to intellectually evaluate creative ideas.
- Strong communication abilities, with experience in working in collaboratively with technical and non-technical colleagues as well excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and product creation.
- Agile literate, experience in working as part of an agile team lead by a Product Owner.
- E-commerce experience is a bonus.
- Education or training in Design, Visual Communication, UX.