ipsy is looking for a talented, creative, rock star Production Artist to join our Creative Team. The Production Artist will support the team by producing visually compelling graphics for digital communications, print collateral, and corporate presentations. The ideal candidate is highly organized and attentive to detail, well-versed in print production and mechanicals and is passionate about beauty and visual storytelling. Applicants must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to new assignments, manage time efficiently and work on multiple projects concurrently. Flexibility and the ability to learn swiftly and take direction are key to success in this role.
This role reports to the Art Director and works out of ipsy Studios in Santa Monica, CA.
- Develop print-ready production mechanicals based on supplied design files.
- Partner with Creative Team to optimize and iterate on existing digital templates.
- Translate approved design assets into additional sizes and formats per channel requirements.
- Retouch and color correct digital images (models and product) in preparation for web application and print media.
- Design and refine corporate presentations.
- Adhere to the demands of a production schedule and all relevant deadlines.
- Work closely with Creative and Marketing Teams to achieve business objectives.
- 1-3 years of digital design and print production experience focusing on print collateral and digital marketing spanning email, social media, and advertising.
- Online portfolio to showcase your past work and design ability.
- Excellent skill and experience in print production.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Passion and ability to learn new skills and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable under pressure and disciplined with time management and organization.
- Great communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a variety of people across departments.
- Personal desire to keep up with current design trends, standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in graphic/visual design preferred.
ipsy is the world’s largest and most passionate beauty community. The community is centered around a beauty sampling service called the Glam Bag and premier content produced by ipsy and its partner creators. Since being founded in 2011 by top YouTube creator Michelle Phan, the company has grown dramatically. On the sampling front, ipsy ships to over 1.5 million subscribers every month; on the owned content side, ipsy reaches over 20 million people every month through stylist videos and social posts.ipsy has built a results-oriented team packed with seasoned beauty, e-commerce, tech, and studio professionals in offices in the Bay Area, NYC, and LA. The company has received over $100M in growth capital from premier investors including TPG, Sherpa and top industry insiders. Watch a video about working at ipsy here and consider joining our growing team!