At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren’t car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won’t sell a car to a customer that we wouldn’t sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our cars are in first-rate condition, we’ve built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, we’re able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we’re looking for!
As a Production Associate you will have the opportunity to work in the detail, inventory, or photobooth department at one of our Inspection Centers.
Qualifying candidates must love helping people, enjoy being part of a team, and possess the drive to help achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization at the Inspection Center.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Wash and physically clean vehicles that are going through the reconditioning process.
- Ensure vehicle inventory accuracy by properly scanning, stocking-in, and assigning RFID labels to all incoming vehicles that arrive at the Inspection Center.
- Vacuum, prep and detail vehicles to ensure they meet Carvana vehicle standards.
- Facilitate the reconditioning process by moving vehicles from one department to the next.
- Ensure each vehicle has completed the reconditioning process and meets Carvana vehicle standards before taking photos of the vehicle.
- Properly handle Carvana photography equipment to take photographs of vehicles using handheld camera devices
- Apply Carvana lean manufacturing principles and follow standardized work by adhering to the 5S model.
- Maintain a high-level focus on interior cleaning of the vehicles including seats, carpets, floor mats, stains, trunks, dashboards, center consoles, door seals, seat belts, headliners, and other interior repair work as needed.
- Use provided wash hoses and equipment to physically spray down the exterior of the vehicles including the engines, wheels, wheel wells, and rims.
- Perform any additional interior repair work that may be needed on a case-by-case basis or in relation to the interior cleaning of vehicles.
- Other job duties as assigned.
What you should know
This position is an entry-level position that requires someone who is interested in beginning their career in the automotive industry and is interested in working for a company that promotes from within. Requirements include:
- The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- A valid Driver’s License
- A clean driving record with no reported vehicle violations or DUI’s within the last 3 years
- A positive, can-do attitude with a desire to work in a team environment and achieve production goals.
- Ability to physically operate equipment and use appropriate vehicle cleaning equipment
- Goal-oriented, team player that isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dive right into the day-to-day
- Ability to follow Carvana standardized processes when it comes to our vehicle reconditioning standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold)
It would be great if you also had
- Experience working in the Automotive Industry or in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience detailing or washing vehicles
- Experience working for a fast-paced hyper-growth company
What we’ll offer in return
- Competitive hourly wages
- On the job training
- 100% company-paid healthcare premiums for employees
- Excellent schedules that allow for work/life balance
- 100% employee paid Healthcare Premiums
- 401k with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Vehicle Discount
- A company culture of growth, with a start-up atmosphere, allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A leadership team that listens and is geared toward teammate engagement
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.