SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION CONTROL SCHEDULER (STARSHIP)
- Provide tactical and strategic long range scheduling expertise to our production teams
- Coordinate and review input from engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, and business development to support and maintain master schedules for products using Microsoft Office or applicable software as required
- Work across all departments to understand critical work requests ahead and behind targets to mitigate schedule impact risks
- Work across all departments to ensure MRP dates align with current vehicle products
- Utilize our factory scheduler application and other applicable tools to ensure work is scheduled and prioritized accurately and efficiently, and resources allocated appropriately
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update and communicate project critical path schedules, and advise leadership of needed adjustments to daily work activities
- Ensure fixture, tooling, and test equipment requirements are properly scheduled to facilitate an efficient production process
- Support accuracy of internal logistics movement of critical work
- Push/pull work into the shop to improve lead times, reduce stagnation, and meet schedule needs
- Utilize production, operations planning, and engineering support to eliminate internal and external blockers to deliver product on time
- Remain abreast and knowledgeable regarding applicable facilities and manpower
- Lead efforts to uncover root-cause and develop permanent resolution on issues found during product builds as required
- Identify and support improvement opportunities for product yield, quality, safety, cost and team efficiency
- Develop and support efforts to streamline assigned products and automate production processes as applicable
- Organize and communicate the daily priorities to production coordinators, team leads and supervisors as required
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance
- Create and leverage metrics using queries and Excel to highlight shortages and determine schedule risks
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of professional manufacturing scheduling experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years of manufacturing scheduling experience
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office
- 2+ years of practical experience with ERP/MRP systems in a production environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience writing queries with SQL
- Familiarity with lean principles, six sigma and kaizen concepts
- Project management professional certification
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours, and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.