Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its and we give the best high-fives in town.
Airbnb is looking for a talented Production Designer to help us visualize the future of travel. Our experiential service is supported through a uniquely simple user interface. You must have a developed aesthetic taste that is distinctive and admired. You are ready to grow your skills within a world class team of designers & engineers. You love details and pixel-perfection.
An online portfolio is required to apply. We also send a preliminary Sketch/Figma screening to all candidates.
- Leads medium and large scale projects
- Provide strategic thinking on how we get to an end state
- Develop pixel perfect, optimized image assets for product and marketing use
- Supply graphics across many different mediums: web, iOS, Android and print
- Create, maintain, and distribute easy to use templates for reusable, systematic design
- Produce clear specs that advocate our design language system (DLS)
- QA work to ensure designs and creative assets are rendered appropriately in product
- Partner with developers to ensure design implementation is design system compliant and on brand
- Partner daily with cross functional partners including product, engineering, research and QA
- Shares knowledge with the broader team
- Contribute new icon designs to our icon system as a subset of our design language system*
- 6 + years of Production Design experience in a product and/or marketing setting
- 2+ years of experience working in a leadership role (IC or People Management)
- You are enthusiastic about details - a pixel perfectionist!
- Experience with asset optimization for various platforms and mediums
- Experience working on design systems
- Self directed, solution oriented and ability to work autonomously
- Thrives in fast-paced, ambiguous environment and consistently adapts to new challenges
- Communicative, organized, and achieve consistent results
- Demonstrated ability documenting and sharing processes
- Proven cross functional skills and experience in stakeholder management
- Proficiency in the following design tools: Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- A demonstrated ability automating workflows
- Proficiency in visual design - iconography, UI, logos, layout
- An intermediate comprehension of HTML, CSS, and JS standards
- Familiarity with JIRA, GitHub and other agile management tools
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (ie Principle, Invision, Framer)
- BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience