*This role is for We Are Interact, a new speciality experiential installations squad being built alongside the EventsTag team.
We Are Interact, and we create digital experiences for physical spaces. Our DNA is rooted in experiential, with the core team having spent the last 6 years building photo activation powerhouse EventsTag, which continues connecting brands with fans through stunning user generated content experiences at premier events around the world.
EventsTag earned a sizable portfolio, delivering engaging live experiences and customizable social media memorabilia - with huge amplification opportunity - to some of the biggest brands in the world including Nike, Google, Spotify, Adidas, O2, Yves Saint Laurent, eBay and more.
With a brilliant activations team in place to run EventsTag, we've now organized a core installations squad of superstars under the "We Are Interact" identity whose sole mission is to disrupt the multi billion dollar industry in the attractions photography market by utilizing our superior platform and creativity. This, is where you come in.
Dated. Stale. Flat. These are just few of the adjectives we've heard respected major attraction owners use to describe "souvenir" photography in their very own venue. Armed with some cutting edge photo experiences and T shirts baring our battle cry "Ride Photos Suck" we went down to IAAPA (don't know it? Look it up!) in November to make a splash and evaluate the demand for next generation digital experiences. We were overrun at the stand and now have a pipeline of installation opportunities at major attractions around the world and we're seeking an experienced Interactive Producer to help continue that momentum.
Our new Production Manager will bring passion, energy and ideas in their role as part of the client services team, managing the hands on tasks of multiple projects, ensuring the smooth installation and running of unique interactive tech solutions, and help in responding to new briefs from across the globe. These briefs will typically come from attractions big and small, from theme parks and observation towers to museums and aquariums.
Ideally, our new addition to the We Are Interact family will be coming from a live experience technology or attractions background. They will be keen to bring their production expertise, project management know how, account management charm and multi-tasking expertise in a fast-expanding team where they have a real opportunity to help shape and further grow our business with even more brilliant ideas. Being comfortable with managing technology installations and having experience of riding the waves of live environments is an essential part of this position.
Our new Production Manager is preferably based in London, with travel required to installation sites across North America as well as to our US offices. We also have sales agents across the world, including Dubai, Sydney, Sao Paulo, & Berlin.
Being perfectly and naturally at ease with interactive technology and sophisticated AV systems really is a must in this role, as is a readiness to embrace the life and culture at an ambitious, fun and hard working start-up community. We value innovation, community, integrity and most importantly passion; they are at the heart of our vision as a start-up, embedded into the day-to-day life of working at We Are Interact, and weaved seamlessly throughout the work we create and deliver.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Serve as the production lead on client projects, from pre sale advising through performing the installation of solutions onsite, and overseeing post install support.
- Provide onsite installation management and oversee freelance support as needed in order to maintain a single point of contact for the client.
- Source the components for, QA, and install a wide breadth of unique technology solutions including but not limited to touch screens, Raspberry Pis, RFID kiosks, DSLR cameras, payment processors, projectors, etc
- Brief, manage, and oversee the install of custom technology enclosures and creative set fabrications
- Planning key project tasks and project resources as well as taking through to onsite setup and support
- Responsible for managing budget and ensuring projects doesn’t run over.
- Reporting into senior team on any potential issues and recommendations for future improvements
- Understand clients specific needs and goals, making sure this is fed through the rest of the team.
- Work with the production, software development, and creative teams to ensure that every installation we deliver meets our high standard of creative execution.
- Build relationships with clients and help grow the business by proactively introducing the company’s full range of products and services.
First up, the basics. You must:
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
- Be able, and willing, to work flexible hours when required.
- Have 3 or more years of production or project management experience in a live technology based role.
- Have expert knowledge of technical experiential production and professional grade hardware builds including professional cameras, touch screens, RFID systems, projectors, IR sensors, etc
- Possess expert knowledge of custom enclosure and set design fabrication processes, costs, and installation workflows
- Have excellent knowledge of the google suite
- Possess great people management experience
- Have experience in either large scale attractions, audio visual systems, experiential production, or photo marketing.
- Be willing to travel to client sites across the world which may be on weekends or at evenings.
- Be willing to travel to our offices in the US
Meet the above? Ok, now here’s a bit more about who we are looking for:
- You should be highly motivated: a self-starter with buckets of initiative and creativity.
- You should have a passion for experiential technology or photography, either having worked for an attractions business or a technology agency in the past.
- You should be an expert with overseeing production hardware builds, particularly within technology, possessing a deep understanding of working with Professional Grade Cameras, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IR Sensors, Touch Screens, PDU APC racks, RFID bands and readers, projectors etc
- You should be comfortable using software program admin tools and collaborating with a software development team (no coding required, but you need to communicate with those who code, regularly)
- You should have successfully overseen custom fabrication builds or installation projects into live event, exhibit, or venue environments
- You have a network of professional industry contacts you can tap to help you succeed in production environment
- Extensive understanding of project management and communication tools such as Asana, Google sheets, slides, and drive, Slack, Photoshop etc.
- You should be a team player, willing to help out with all aspects of the team's workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital.
- You should have the ability to work across multiple projects at any one time and deliver with speed and accuracy
- You should have a solution oriented mindset, who embraces ambiguity and thrives on finding creative solutions to production hurdles.
And now for our wish list! Not essential but very nice to have:
- Proficient in producing client facing renders, technical floor plans, and creative decks utilizing 3D spatial modeling tools such as SketchUp where needed.
- Experience utilizing power or fabrication tools in a shop or live build environment.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Have hands on experience with photo marketing technology.
- Have a great sense of humor who is prepared for a hands on approach in the office and in the field.
- The opportunity to help take a Company from a small start up to a world-renowned business
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Contributions toward a Company sponsored healthcare, vision and dental plan
- Opportunity to become an option holder in the business
- Comprehensive welcome package + choice of company laptop (Mac or PC).
- Subsidized trips across the pond to the US
- Breakfast, snacks, fresh fruit and unlimited cold beer.
- A day off on your birthday!
- 1 year work anniversary rewards
- 23 days annual leave