About Our Client
Founded in 1972 to build chillers and industrial cooling systems primarily for the plastics industry, our client is a leader in their space. Expansion over the years through natural growth and acquisitions has positioned our client well in the global economy. They have built an international reputation for designing, manufacturing installing, and servicing thousands of industrial thermal process control and industrial refrigeration systems to customers in more than 50 countries in industries defined by transportation, chemical & petrochemical, manufacturing, building & construction, food & beverage, national defence, natural resources, recreational sports and more.
Are you looking to join a company that has a long track record of growth and success?
This role will provide leadership to the manufacturing function and ensure efficient, cost effective and timely manufacturing to achieve customer satisfaction, company profitability and growth while maintaining quality of products to the highest level. Work is done within an office environment and includes, some travel, frequent extended working hours, frequent pressure to meet deadlines and continuous high stress levels associated with senior executive functions.
What you’ll be doing:
Planning and Organizing Production Schedules
- Review daily production schedule with team leads/supervisors to arrange jobs and required staff to meet the scheduling needs.
- Schedule production according to customer’s needs and updates the production schedule on a frequent basis based on volume or rush orders.
- Ensure work orders are completed within established timelines and budgets.
- Identify staff requirements to complete production orders.
Oversees Production Departments
- Ensure production processes are streamlined and completed within given timeframes.
- Responsible for the overall quality of products, ensuring orders are fulfilled and packed appropriately to meet customer needs.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company Safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Trains, cross trains, and follows up with staff to ensure production is moving smoothly.
- Checks in with staff in each department and guides them through dealing with personal and production issues as they arise.
- Builds good relationships with staff and encourages them to take initiative and learn more
What we require:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in management experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with industrial refrigeration
- Knowledge of the refrigeration process (considered an asset)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Provides manufacturing policies, procedures, and best practices to maintain the company’s successful competitive position and support long range strategic business objectives. Ensures that appropriate manufacturing resources are provided, utilized and maintained.
- Provides a flexible manufacturing capability through the use of both in-house capabilities and external resources where required.
- Recommends appropriate authority limits for subordinate managers, monitors their performance in execution of business plans, and takes corrective action where warranted.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee in setting the strategic direction of the company to ensure profitability and growth.
- Monitors and keeps informed of evolving technological change and its potential impact on the company’s business plan.
- Facilitates the provision of resources to support the various manufacturing resource requirements.
- Focuses on continuous improvement.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven record of achieving results and taking initiative
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, and bargain.
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional planning, time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate ability to work well with others.
- Accuracy with high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Preferably Mechanical)
- Professional Engineering License (considered an Asset)
- Certified in Joint Health and Safety (considered an Asset)
What We Offer:
- A lucrative compensation package (base + bonus)
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Professional environment that really cares and values its employees.
- Immerse yourself in our comprehensive benefits program with Berg taking care of the costs!
- RRSP matching for an empowered financial journey
- Develop your career further through our Tuition Reimbursement Program
For consideration, please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.