We are seeking enthusiastic applicants for the position of Production Manager. This full-time position in our London office will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to work within the production team of a rapidly growing open access publisher, and to be involved in the operations of academic journals.
The position requires a sociable, professional attitude, and the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information.
Application deadline: 9th July 2019
- Manage all phases of the production process (copy-editing, formatting, proofing, validating online PDF and XML/HTML formats)
- Ensuring articles are produced in a timely and efficient manner, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Maintain tracking sheets with data relevant to production of journal(s).
- Work closely with a team of coordinators, and web producers.
- Support authors via email
- Ensure that issues affecting production process are reported and resolved
- Oversee the functionality of the website while executing the above tasks and working closely with the IT team to resolve possible problems
- Any other duties undertaken by the production department, for example e-book and event and abstract book publications
- Project management
- Contributing to meeting targets
- Departmental planning with line manager
- Communicating and coordinating with typesetters.
- Engaged in production based projects
- Line management responsibility for a team of Production Assistants and Specialists
- Reports to Production Director
- At least 2 years of experience working in a scientific publishing house
- At least 1 year of management experience
- Aptitude for digesting large amounts of information, and reacting effectively to urgent situations
- Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines
- Sound and mature judgment; decisive and tactful when working with multiple stakeholders
- Attentive to fine details
- Strong MS Office skills (word, excel, etc).
- Experience in mark-up languages, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and InDesign is a plus, but are not required
- Publishing or editing experience is a plus, but not essential
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English
The position will be located in our London office. Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the UK. Your application should include:
1. Cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF) in English only
2. The indication of your earliest availability.
- 25 days' vacation per year
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme
- Professional development partnership with Coursera for all
- Plenty of social & fun benefits!