We are seeking a Production Planning Specialist to support the growing department of Production Infrastructure and Resources, part of the Netflix physical production team. The position will lead day-to-day planning of various master lease and open facilities across Europe, including tenant scheduling and facility oversight, as well as spearhead regional initiatives.
The applicant should be able to report on all facets of film / TV production in the region, and leverage existing relationships to inform new business decisions. They must exercise the highest level of confidence with sensitive information, successfully navigate evolving situations, and execute complex strategies that support various stakeholders, internal and external. As such, an applicant should have expertise in physical production management, production facilities, and a comprehensive knowledge of service companies and vendors occupying each market.
Additionally, the applicant should possess knowledge of the studio landscape in Europe, as well as tax incentives, government relations (as they relate to production infrastructure/development), and a functional knowledge of regional entertainment business practices across Europe (including, but not limited to UK, Spain, and Central Europe). Frequent travel will be required.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With such a diverse offering of content across formats driving growth globally, now is a great time to join Netflix!
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
- 8+ years in a similar role, which customarily includes roles at production companies or studios, consultant firms, accounting firms, or technology companies
- Established rapport with production facilities, service companies, and vendors across the UK and Europe
- Expert knowledge of film / TV physical production
- Ability to think autonomously and strategically, to develop overall business initiatives
- Contract management, applied negotiation skills, business development
- The applicant must bring extensive experience or knowledge across Europe, be willing to travel frequently, and must be willing to work from the London, UK Netflix office.