ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
Visit our site to learn more, and check out some recent press on ByHeart:
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
Reports To: Production Manager
Location: Reading, PA
Start Date: ASAP
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing manufacturing processes by managing staff on the production floor by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Enforces all safety policies on the production floor to ensure compliance.
- Maintains communication between management and employees to ensure that necessary policies are understood and followed, and production goals are met.
- Manages operation of equipment to maintain optimum productivity.
- Creates and maintains schedule of time off and employee availability.
- Drives CAPA by improving production processes to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations and take action to correct deviations.
- Monitors and prioritizes workflow of production to meet deadlines.
- Manages flow of materials in and out of the production area.
- Owns Master Batch Records (MBR) and Production Batch Records (PBR) throughout production to meet and maintain sustainable compliance to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, and be able to handle emergency situations common to the operation.
- Must be able to maintain and display personal cleanliness and follow GMPs’ as described in company guidelines.
- Must have the ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately.
- Must be able to use a computer: MS office; and other company provided software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate across all groups.
- Must have the ability to create and adhere to effective schedules and have strong organizational skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills and be able to take ownership of decisions made.
- Must have a firm understanding of safety regulations in addition to GMPs and SQF.
- High school diploma or equivalent, undergraduate degree in engineering or business administration preferred.
- 5 years of experience in plant operations and 3-5 years of supervising the work of and coaching others. Specific experience in infant formula production preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lb./25 kg bags or drums.
- Need ability to stand, crouch and climb to perform adjustments to equipment, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, follow CGMP's, and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local standards for the manufacture of infant formula and other non-infant nutritional foods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.